Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Murder by gyrocopter
  • aracer
    Free Member

They’ll need to add a new weapon to Cluedo

(sorry for forgetting to select the right forum 😳 )

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tis a weird one. I just don’t wee how it could be murder as you must have intent to kill and I just don’t see how you could intend to kill someone with a gyrocopter. Intending to hit them or scare them with it and killing them as a result would be manslaughter. Not seen any more detail than in that report tho.

Feels to me like “its a hunt sab so sling the book at him”

takisawa2

I managed to kill several people the other night with a Police helicopter on GTA4. Its quite easy.

pritcsa
    Free Member

Justice by Gyrocopter?

djglover
    Free Member

Not sure what it is about gyrocopters that exludes them from a long list of potential weapons?

Alb
    Free Member

To be fair if newspaper speculation is anything to go by the head huntsman had complained to the police about the gyrocopter following and harassing them for the previous 2 weeks. I think the loopy liberals hunt sabatoeurs flying the thing should by locked up for life. Send out a stern message to them that there are better ways to get your message across than to threaten people’s lives!

Nick

Feels to me like “its a hunt sab so sling the book at him

Oh ffs talk about jumping to conclusions!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nick – get a grip – I said thats what it “feels like to me” and “not seen any detail” not that it is a case of that nor that I have any basis for the thought.

I will bet you tho that there is no conviction for murder as I just don’t see how you could show intent to kill.

Nick

I have no idea whether they can make murder stick or whether it’s even justified, why do you feel that they want to sling the book at him because he’s a hunt sab?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i’m stil struggling trying to work out the core differences between a gyro and a heli…….

can anyone help, probably safer with pics, lol!

nickc

Heli rotors are powered, Gyro’s aren’t is essentially the difference

Oh, and using one to kill people of course

aracer
    Free Member

Oh, and using one to kill people of course

Too right – usually you use a helicopter for that.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nick – it would appear on the surface / superficially a rather steep charge and there is serious history of hunt sabs having the book throw at them while hunt followers dont. Establishment against crusties – the crusties get the shitty end of the stick

GEDA
    Free Member

Crusty that can afford a gyrocopter? Not exactly dog on a string and a battered transit is it?

daveob
    Free Member

I nearly landed on one of them during a parachute jump at that very airfield. The **** came bimbling out of its enclosure onto the landing zone without even looking up to see a load of us in bright orange suits and chutes. I just happened to be the closest and had to make a evasive turn at less than 100m. Very scary!

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Tandem the hunt sabs should just stay at home and keep out of others way. Who cares about their ‘beliefs’. Why are they foisting them on others. They are the provocateurs. A$$hats all of them!

Marge
    Free Member

It has been reported that the gyrocopter was returning to the airfield to refuel.
    Is it perhaps possible that the gentlemen that tragically lost his life in in the incident was aiming to confront the gyrocopter occupants?

I can only imagine that he has been stuck by the driven propellor…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Faux by faux – your belief not shared by the majority of the country.

Hunting is unnecessary and barbaric.

The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible

Nick

Hunting animals with dogs etc has been banned, are you alleging that the hunt was breaking the law?

rOcKeTdOg

airfield is 12 mins ride from my house, might go for a shufty

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

serious history of hunt sabs having the book throw at them while hunt followers dont

That’ll be because sabs are law breaking **** looking for a fight who don’t give a sh1t about animal welfare and hunt followers are not.

Marge
    Free Member

I read that one of the 2 gyrocopter occupants has been charged with murder…
    The police / CPS must think they have some pretty compelling evidence or someone high-up is also a member of the same hunt…. (sorry for being cynical)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nick – of course they were – hunts do continuously and anyway the law is s full of holes.

Needs a new law to tighten up the loopholes and the hunts need to stop being so hypocritical.

uplink
    Free Member

Hunting animals with dogs etc has been banned

No it hasn’t – rats & rabbits can still be hunted

IanMunro
    Free Member

and cats 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Since the fuzz/CPS dont f*** about throwing murder charges around for fun, I think’s it’s probably safe to assume that they have a good reason and sufficient evidence to make the charge especially so quickly after the incident.

Basically then, murder is when a person causes the death of another person with an intention to kill them or to cause grievous bodily harm*. This is the case unless the killing is justified, that is, through the withdrawal of treatment, when the defendant was acting in self-defence or trying to prevent a serious crime. If the homicide was committed through provocation towards the defendant or due to the defendant’s diminished responsibility the defendant is not guilty of murder, but of voluntary manslaughter (Lacey and Wells, 1998).

Manslaughter covers all homicides which are not murder, but are still unlawful. The aspect which distinguishes murder and involuntary manslaughter is the intention of the defendant. This is where the defendant does not have the malice aforethought, but their state of mind is such that the law still deems them culpable. An involuntary manslaughter includes manslaughter by an unlawful or dangerous act (Smith and Hogan, 1992) and manslaughter due to recklessness or gross negligence. The defendant does not deliberately kill the victim, but due to their actions the victim dies. Where voluntary manslaughter is concerned however, the defendant may still have the malice aforethought of murder, but there are mitigating circumstances existing which reduce the crime to a lesser type of homicide

SOURCE

* my highlighting.

number2
    Free Member

Now he knows how it might feel to be ripped apart by a pack of dogs!

Stoner
    Free Member

how about if one of your family members is stabbed/shot I make a wisecrack about at least them now knowing what a bullock in an abbattoir feels like getting a bolt gun in the head or a machete across the neck?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

number2, you sad, pathetic little man. Still, I suppose your name is accurate in one sense at least.

Pathetic.

Also, to whoever added that pathetic tab above, might you care to consider that it is showing support to accused murderers and remove it?

grumm
    Free Member

how about if one of your family members is stabbed/shot I make a wisecrack about at least them now knowing what a bullock in an abbattoir feels like getting a bolt gun in the head or a machete across the neck?

Except that analogy would only work if the person worked in an abbatoir, and even that is tenuous as in abbatoirs animans are killed to provide meat rather than for fun.

grumm
    Free Member

Since the fuzz/CPS dont f*** about throwing murder charges around for fun, I think’s it’s probably safe to assume that they have a good reason and sufficient evidence to make the charge especially so quickly after the incident.

Your faith in the police/CPS is touching – is everyone who has ever been charged with murder guilty?

number2
    Free Member

Stoner: fair point. Maybe a little rash comment.

Flash: you don’t know me so your comments are as flippant as my own! Do you not like it when people have different opinions to you! Maybe you should remove your own post!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CFH

Of course we will never agree over hunting but your statement above is simply wrong. Hunts are cruel by their nature – its all about the thrill of the chase and the thrill of the kill ( or else drag hunts would be enough). The dogs are bred to be just faster than the fox so the chase lasts miles, Huntsmen have frequently been prosecuted for cruelty to the dogs, the dogs are killed once they get too old or are not quite up to standard, fox lairs ( bolts / dens???) are regularly dug up, fox cubs are killed, and worst of all hunts feed foxes to increase their numbers for the “sport”

“The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible” sums it up nicely.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Of course we will never agree over hunting but your statement above is simply wrong. Hunts are cruel by their nature – its all about the thrill of the chase and the thrill of the kill ( or else drag hunts would be enough). The dogs are bred to be just faster than the fox so the chase lasts miles, Huntsmen have frequently been prosecuted for cruelty to the dogs, the dogs are killed once they get too old or are not quite up to standard, fox lairs ( bolts / dens???) are regularly dug up, fox cubs are killed, and worst of all hunts feed foxes to increase their numbers for the “sport”

“The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible” sums it up nicely.

I see you’ve been brainwashed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, this isn’t really about hunting. This is about murder charges.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Peter poddy – no – I read the evidence and make up my own mind.

Last time we had a debate on this I found reference of court reports that showed all of those things. The only thing that I cannot prove is the dogs bred specifically to be “just” faster than the fox. Everything else is fact as prosecutions for all those things are a matter of record

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CFH – absolutely.

Want a bet the charges are reduced before it gets to court?

db

I am struggling with the murder bit. From what I know a gyrocopter is pushed along and can’t reverse? So the poor guy must of walked into the prop?
    Or thinking about it he could of been standing next to it when it pulled off and the edge of the prop caught him? The CPS may say this was deliberate done hence the charge?

ski
    Free Member

Just out of interest, what has happened to the fox population since the ban?

Does anyone know?

I think there is obviously something that has not been reported/released about this incident to go with a murder charge so quickly after the incident.

There must be more to this than what has been reported.

andrew
    Free Member

That’ll be because sabs are law breaking **** looking for a fight who don’t give a sh1t about animal welfare and hunt followers are not.

LOL!! Hello masterfishfart, this is reality calling ! There are members of both sides in this who are thick **** spoiling for a fight. There are sabs who care *deeply* for animal welfare, there are hunters who care *deeply* about, um, whatever it is they’re trying to prove.

Anyway. The gyro/heli debate isn’t as simple as transport/extravagant weapon. Straightforwardly, I wouldn’t get in a heli with Noel Edmunds and Mr Blobby. But then I wouldn’t run up to a landing gyro piloted by a crusty.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Murder by gyrocopter’ is closed to new replies.