Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Mumford and sons. I just don't get them….
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

if it goes diddly diddly

and a bit of “aye” thrown in 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

After this thread I listened to a few tracks. Bland and dull was my opinion. Be a great pub band tho I guess

trailmonkey

i’m not a massive diddly diddlyist tbh but i could listen to a continuous loop of this from 4.24 for ever.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogeUUkwEsJs[/video]

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

It’s a shame bands like Lau don’t get more airtime, folk in just as accessible a style as Mumford and Sons. BBC should try to cover a bit more away from the mainstream in the TV coverage in my opinion, they have the odd ‘ooh lets laugh at the freaks’ section but fail to get into the spirit of glasto really.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

but is terrible through a my home system.

Only got to look at the You Twos first song yesterday, busy with That Wombledon. I see they haven’t changed much. If you like that sort of thing…

Paying more attention today – looking out for a pal playing with Thea Gilmore in the acoustic tent.

alex222
    Free Member

they are rubbish. u2 are worse. glastonbury is a festival for people who are sell outs in denial.

get the ford orion out put the sound system in the boot and the camo netting and lets drive to the country side.

13thfloormonk

See, this thread interests me, I reckon I’ve got a pretty credible, if not massively esoteric, taste in music, and I like Mumford and Sons a lot, absolutely rinsed the album when I got it last year and its still standing up to repeated listens. It did become a bit of a ‘break-up’ album though, which might have skewed my tastes…

Anyway, for the folk knocking them, what else is there in a similar ilk which they would consider ‘good’?

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Posh boys dressed like pikeys, topped off by singing in fake irish accents. In my book this makes them a gaggle of ****.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

13floormonk – try My First Tooth. they are playing glasto as well i think. not as good as mumford but i quite like them

nicko74

Anyway, for the folk knocking them, what else is there in a similar ilk which they would consider ‘good’?

Fleet Foxes are still the daddies, really, of new folkish type stuff

nickegg
    Free Member

Saw them/met them when they played at a friends wedding in Nov 2009…..they were superb. Gave me goose bumps when they played as the bride walked down the aisle.

Seemed like nice chaps at the bar later too.

Keane were guests too (the groom tours/records with them)that night 😀

13thfloormonk

Fleet Foxes

Not for me thanks, what I’ve heard really didn’t do it for me, they seemed a lot more ‘folk’ than Mumford and Sons?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Mumford and sons. I just don't get them….’ is closed to new replies.