Multi Tools suspicions confirmed.

Home Forum Bike Forum Multi Tools suspicions confirmed.

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Multi Tools suspicions confirmed.
  • Yes they are useless, even Lezyne SV10.

Teaching the missus to mend a broken chain and not enough strength to break the link.

Ice toolz she managed with and a Park chain tool, so unless you are Hercules/Samson don’t bother with a multi tool.

andeh

My Topeak Hexus is great for fixing chains on the go.

Maybe you should buy the missus a Powerball?

Having done it dozens of times with various multi tools, I’m clearly possessed of godlike strength.

The chain tool on my ancient Topeak Alien works really well.

Gary_M

Lezyne SV1o, I’ve had no issues splitting the chain, only done it once though.

Poor technique.

AlasdairMc

Topeak Alien for me is great – enough leverage on both parts to break any chain I’ve tried it on.

grum

No problems breaking a chain with my Crank Brothers 19 multitool either.

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

The chain tool on my ancient Topeak Alien works really well.

Best chain tool I’ve ever used.

Premier Icon FOG
    Subscriber

Lezyne fine when mending a chain in a howling gale at -1 on N. York moors when I was in a hurry!

trail_rat

pick a tool with function over design

SKS toolbox tour – just as easy as my shimano tools. good leverage on both parts.

all my park multitools – absolute hell , some topeaks are hell and all lezynes ive used have been hell

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

Never used a “proper” chain tool, always managed fine with a multitool. Put me down for superhuman strength too!

bigj205

My Topeak Hexus11 works fine for me

J

Premier Icon wheelie
    Subscriber

I always carry a Park CT5 mini chainsplitter. A bit of extra wight , but worth it.

stex

No problems breaking a chain with my Crank Brothers 19 multitool either

Me neither…..

PeterPoddy

I use the one in my Topeak Hexus in preference to the mid range workshop one olive got. It’s very good indeed. 🙂

nealglover

so unless you are Hercules/Samson don’t bother with a multi tool.

Woohoo ! I am a GOD !!
    🙂

Gary_M – Member

Lezyne SV1o, I’ve had no issues splitting the chain, only done it once though.

Poor technique.

You were’nt listening “SHE’S a GIRL”

i’ve had a topeak mini 18 for years and i use it for everything. i have a full tool kit in the house, but usually use the topeak to strip and rebuild my bikes… force of habit i guess… but it works so well!

trebord

Topeak Alien. Never had a problem..

Mary Hinge

Well your missis is a big soft girlie! 😉

I’ve done trailside chain splits with my Crank Bros 19 multi tool, no problems. TBH it’s the only bit of CB kit that actually works and lasts!

You need to give her some exercises to strengthen her grip 😉

Premier Icon FOG
    Subscriber

I had one of those Park Mini chain splitters which was great the first time I used it but broke the pin the second time. I imagine you can get spare pins from Park but didn’t feel it was worth it

Premier Icon Brainflex
    Subscriber

cool tool still going well here, split n repaired many a chain.

Sounds like your ‘missus’ needs to do something to develop her wrist strength. Hmmmm……..

daleftw

My Topeak Hexus II did the job for me today no bother.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I’m really weak, but I’ve never had any problems. Hexus chainbreaker is the best I own!

Lezyne multi-tools aren’t very well thought out- beautifully made but the amount of leverage available on that SV10 is way lower than a Hexus. Try again with a better tool.

Duffer

My decade-old Topeak something-or-other works just fine. I don’t even own a “proper” chain breaker.

15 year old topeak alien here – I have fixed lots of chains with it , lent it to a friend on a ride at the back end of last year and he was impressed with it too and fixed his with no problem. So obviously a unisex tool too which is always helpful

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

A bad works man blames his multi tool.

aphex_2k

Splitter on my Crank Bros 17 works fine.

Sometimes I just use my teeth, other times I give the chain my most angry look, like “GRRRRRR” but from the eyes. You lot are obviously soft, silky boys with the power of a cheese puff.

matther01

Cycle Pro £13 with detachable chain tool – it’s bloody brilliant (even if it is bright orange!)

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

I don’t own an actual chain splitter & only ever use the ones on the multi-tools I have.

z1ppy

Again my Crankbros 17 is 7+ years old and has never let me down, the chain spitter is a solid bit of kit, if a bit rusty round the edges.

Nobby – Member

I don’t own an actual chain splitter & only ever use the ones on the multi-tools I have.

More than one multi tool, you must be one of those rich southerns ;-), bit like St….
    sorry kryton57

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

😆 Fool.

enfht

I too am blessed with super-human strength.

Nobby – Member

Fool.

😛 Multi Fool 😀

Another for the Crank Bros 19. Guess from this thread multi tools do work. 🙂

excitable1

…… and then one day I lifted my Crank Bros multi tool over my head and cried… By the power of grey skull, I HAVE THE POWER !!!!!!!!!

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Nobby – Member
    Fool.

+10. I think there’s only one tool in this thread.

Kryton57 – Member

Nobby – Member
    Fool.

Is it time to post the “TENT” video ?

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

It may well be….

toxicsoks

Dales_rider – Member

Kryton57 – Member

Nobby – Member
    Fool.

Is it time to post the “TENT” video ?

Please do. Her Ladyship was asking about it last night. Made her cry with laughter/frustration at the silly man last time. 😀

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

*pops round to Alx house and cuts t’internet cable*

I have a copy as well 🙂

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Multi Tools suspicions confirmed.’ is closed to new replies.