Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mullet drive train…..
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

….. what on earth is a mullet drive train?

I get the mullet wheel set up thing, 29er up front and 27.5 out back, but the mullet drive train keeps cropping up.

Stainypants

It mostly about using a road shifters with mountain bike cassette and/or mech to get more range due to the fact that road/gravel groupsets do not have enough range.

honourablegeorge

Mainly a SRAM thing, their AXS drop bar shifters paired with the Eagle cassette and mech

scotroutes

I use Shimano 11 speed STIs with a XT cassette. It’s been a thing for years, (I was previously mixing road-10 and MTB-9) it just gained a new name.

supertune205
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve got GRX 11sp levers. GRX 40t chain set & deore 11-51 cassette all working well together

montgomery
    Free Member

Microshift 11 speed bar end shifter, Deore 11-51 cassette, 12 speed 6100 mech, 10 speed XT cranks with the chainring spaced 3.8mm onboard…

Perhaps not strictly a mullet as the shifter is designed to work with an MTB mech, rather than by bodging in tanpans etc.

dyna-ti

It mostly about using a road shifters with mountain bike cassette and/or mech to get more range due to the fact that road/gravel groupsets do not have enough range.

Why dont they just go the whole hog and put risers and a sus fork on it 😆 Seems to be going that way small steps at a time.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yeah, but why mullet? It’s just banging on a big cassette 🤷🏼‍♂️

chrisdw
    Free Member

Business at the front, party at the back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mullet drive train…..’ is closed to new replies.