Mulled Wine

Home Forum Chat Forum Mulled Wine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mulled Wine
  • Premier Icon Coyote
    Subscriber

Really got a taste for mulled wine / gluhwein at the Christmas markets last year. So anyone tell me how to make it without boiling off any of the alcohol?

Ta.

missnotax

If you just warm it through on a low heat (without boiling) it’ll be fine – chuck in all the extras at the beginning, like the orange bits, cloves, snapped cinnamon sticks, bit of sugar etc.

If you’re doing it for loads of people I highly recommend cheating by starting it off with a bottle of pre-made mulled wine, then as many bottles of cheap red as you need. Add in all extras and voila! Perfect home-made (shhhh!) mulled wine 🙂

glasgowdan

I tried a mulled wine syrup in a proper red wine last week and it was lovely! Def tasted much better than mulled wine from bottle.

Premier Icon honeybadgerx
    Subscriber

We just made our own mulled wine syrup for xmas prezzies, think the recipe was off the BBC Good Food website.

pinehead

Per litre of red wine I add 2 cinnamon sticks, 4 cloves, 5 tbsp sugar, 1 peeled & sliced orange. When using a heavy wine I add some water. Heat it gently for about 15 min before serving. Just be careful not to boil it – I try to keep it at the point where it just about starts to steam.

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

we had a great mix going last weekend – I think the half bottle of Cointreau in the pot helped 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mulled Wine’ is closed to new replies.