Mugello for the Moto GP. Anyone been.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mugello for the Moto GP. Anyone been.
  • Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

Thinking of going to Mugello to watch the Moto GP. Has anyone been? Did you stay in Florence? Or more local? Did you fly into Florence? This is looking a wee bit problematic to do from Scotland. Any advice really.

pondo

Yes, a couple of years ago and it was ace. All organised by my bro, think we flew into Bologne Friday and had a hotl there but stopped at a Decathlon Saturday morning to buy their cheapest tent and slept over at the circuit Saturday night. You MUST stay at the circuit Saturday night, it’s mega. 🙂

Hadge

I would love to go and think I must add it to my bucket list. Fabulous track and the atmosphere is always good and the weather is usually very good too.

Premier Icon colp
    Subscriber

Just checked the date and it’s the end of half term so I’ll be in Leogang that week. Might take the Ducati and ride down for it, looks about 6hrs down some amazing roads.

pondo

There are some great roads, and you don’t have to go far from the circuit before they’re clear. But do try and be there on Saturday night. 🙂

pothead

Probably not much help but a lad I know rode his CBR1000 from Newcastle to Mugello to watch it a few years ago, no idea where he stayed but said it was great fun on the way, not so much coming back and they had a lad following in a car with luggage

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

Thanks for the replies folks it did help with the research. Unfortunately flying out for the race looks like a bit of a pricey expedition. Might be better to incorporate a vision the bike some time. Barcelona now being considered.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.