Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mugdock Riders – help me with a route
  • richmtb

So me and a noob are going to go for a ride round Mugdock on Saturday. I'm sorry to admit I know almost none of the trails round Mugdock.

My plan was to follow the WHW out of Milngavie probably as far as Glengoyne and just investigate interesting looking singletrack that branches off the trail.

Is this a good idea, or does anyone have any better routes

Cheers

Rich

ceekay
    Free Member

Hi there
    Start from Costa's and follow the way under the bridge and approx 300m take the left then immediate right, follow this to the bomb hole, fun.
    Continue out on the way past the metal bridge on the left, follow the Allander water, approx 150m after the bridge take the right up the hill. This takes you to the top of Drumclog Moor and there is lots of stuff all round here that you can put into loops.
    Back down on the way you'll pass over a small bridge that opens out onto a flatish bit of ground with a golf course on the other side of the Allander. Keep tight to the river and this takes you to "Riverside" lovely bit. At the end of riverside you're spat onto the road that takes you up the Kyber Pass You can either follow this up to the Visitors centre and play in the woods to the left just before you get there (top of a different moor) or you can continue out the Way past the loch then the huts and look for the gate on the right at the last hut that takes you up Rossies Road. There is stuff in the woods all round here but it can be hard to find (and harder to describe)
    Going out to Dumgyone is good if you want some miles but if its playing But still requiring effort, then I wouldn't go beyond the bottom of Rossie's.
    Have fun . There is lots in a small area if you keep your eyes open.

ceekay
    Free Member

Just thought , if you do a search for Mugdock in the forum search engine, somebody put a map up with some stuff on it. It was a bit hard to follow but it would give you a starter for ten.

pistola
    Free Member

Rich,

Come out on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening or drag you ass out of bed on a Sunday morning and come out with some of the guys and gals of GMBC. You'll get to see some great trails…

richmtb

Pete, I know I really should come along one Sunday or I could dust of the lights for a mid week ride.

Ceekay thanks for the info, sounds good

Cheers

Rich

lovewookie

Rich,

You know some of the trails.

See if you can follow some of my routes on Endomondo, you should be able to get an idea where the loops are and piece together something from that.

It's a shame I'm busy on Saturday otherwise it would have been good to catch up.

Enjoy

Nik

iainc

Rich – there will be a GMBC group heading out at 9 on Sunday if that's any good for you ?

Cheers

Iain

iainc

Nik – you fancy coming out Sunday ? ….it's been a while….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mugdock Riders – help me with a route’ is closed to new replies.