Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Mugabe close to death!
  • alpin
    Free Member

Rejoice!

according to the BBC he is in Singapore with prostate cancer.

wwaswas

do you have a link to that?

I can see the Daily Mail are reporting it but it’s not quite the same 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rejoice!

according to the BBC he is in Singapore with prostate cancer.

Yeah, because rejoicing in someone having prostate cancer is a worthy thing to do. Not.

Say what you like about his “politics” which are utterly despicable, but to rejoice in someone suffering makes you as bad as him, IMO.

djglover
    Free Member

Oh dear…

spacemonkey

@CFH: not when you’re responsible for as much pain as he is.

Edukator
    Free Member

Mitterrand did two terms in office with prostate cancer.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve read 80% of men are found to have prostate cancer when they snuff it.

Have to say I usually think the whole dancing on folks’ graves is pretty much in the worst taste, but I may make an exception for Mugabe.

Duffer
    Free Member

Another hour, this thread will be closed….

alpin
    Free Member

CHF is TJ!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

alpin – Member

CHF is TJ!

Damn – you found me / us out

redfordrider
    Free Member

Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

[/quote]Have to say I usually think the whole dancing on folks’ graves is pretty much in the worst taste, but I may make an exception for Mugabe.

And Thatcher.

yossarian
    Free Member

Say what you like about his “politics” which are utterly despicable, but to rejoice in someone suffering makes you as bad as him, IMO.

so being happy on the internet about a murderous dictator having cancer is as bad as actually being a murderous dictator?

😆 awsum

allthepies
    Free Member

Godwin’s Law will come into play on this here thread 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

I certainly won’t be upset if he passes but I can’t celebrate the death of another human.

wwaswas

I can’t celebrate the death of another human.

maybe just a bit of posthumous shoe widdling might be in order in his case, though?

TheFopster
    Free Member

I agree rejoicing in someone’s suffering is offensive and wrong headed. However, I can’t help thinking that very occasionally there are exceptions. And I think this is probably one.

He is an evil man and mankind in totality is probably better off without him. I imagine even as we speak some continental STWers are on their way to the clinic with the requisite set of bombers. Firm but fair.

redfordrider
    Free Member

Mugabe dies and then what? He has millions of supporters and is revered through out Africa. I don’t like him or his policies, but I’d prefer a political and peaceful transfer of power than a mad scramble amongst his minions. As for dancing on the grave of an old women with dementia who has been out of office for two decades during which labour ruled for over a decade is beyond the Pale.

wrecker
    Free Member

He is an evil man and mankind in totality is probably better off without him.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Funnily enough despite my comment RE not celebrating his death, I’d be quite happy for him to suffer.

konabunny
    Free Member

I’d prefer a political and peaceful transfer of power than a mad scramble

That’s probably quite an inoffensive thing to prefer but unfortunately he a) is ancient and b) hasn’t shown any particular interest in transferring power peacefully in over three decades, so whether he pops his clog in the Big Durian or not, you’re not going to get your wish.

redfordrider
    Free Member

Konnabunny – Perhaps, but even Fidel Castro had to step down due to illness and old age. I’m not giving up hope yet.

hora
    Free Member

So old aged would have beaten him?

His Cronies leave the possibility open for someone just as bad as him, but with the vigour of more youth sadly.

konabunny
    Free Member

….not sure if Fidel’s transfer of power to his septuagenerian brother is really the beacon of hope you’re making it out to be! 7 years on and no sign of regime change yet.

Autocratic regimes are inherently unstable because they don’t create institutions which can manage transitions of power.

redfordrider
    Free Member

Which is why we shouldn’t be queuing up to deliver the coup de grace with a set of bombers…

chewkw
    Free Member

allthepies – Member

Godwin’s Law will come into play on this here thread

Mr Godwin has forgotten almighty Chairman Mao …

Why do you wish Mugabe to die? He should live long enough to see things change again.

As for Mr Fidel Castro please remain a tightly controlled state like N. Korea because you are doing the good for the world.

🙄

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I can’t celebrate the death of another human

Allow me to do it for you then – that b@$tard deserves his come-uppance!

hora
    Free Member

I love the liberal restraint.

If you or I had suffered at his hands we’d be using some very strong language.

konabunny
    Free Member

Which is why we shouldn’t be queuing up to deliver the coup de grace with a set of bombers…

That’s not what’s happening though, is it?

In any case, if a period of turbulence is inevitable when autocrats get deposed (by nature or by human actors), you can’t just sit back and wait for dreams of a peacefulish transition to come true. They rarely do (although perhaps Pinochet and Honecker are counterexamples) and you’re still living under them in the meantime).

mrlebowski
    Free Member

If you or I had suffered at his hands we’d be using some very strong language.

Eaxctly hora. I lived & worked in Zim back in ’97. Some I knew then have not been heard of for a while, I dread to think whats happened to them..

mrdestructo

He’s senile/mad/evil (all of the above) and has needed to go for a long time. It’s a shame he’s dying of “old age” like this whilst still in power.

I’ll be honest and state I’ll party when he dies. I wouldn’t party after Maggies death. But then I was never in her presence to hate her so much for what she’s done.

enfht
    Free Member

If only his death could be as terrifying and painful as the racist murders he orchestrated.

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh, I’m a liberal now am I?

stewartc
    Free Member

He will have the best medical attention available until his dying breadth with his suffering kept to a minimum by some of the best medical care money can buy. While he is in the hospital his wife and flunkies will be able to take time and enjoy the shopping, food and entertainment that a great city like Singapore can provide safe in the knowledge that they will never be asked were all of the money comes from or asked to pay it back.

I will not regret his death, only the fact there is no hell where his debts can be paid in full.

mcboo
    Free Member

It’s a pity Singapore let him in the country, he ought to be made to end his days among the people he has terrorised. Let the disgusting old fascist die and then lets all just forget about him.

redfordrider
    Free Member

What about the 3,000 white farmers killed on their land in South Africa since 1991? Everyone dislikes nasty Bob, but no one cares about the genocide happening south of his borders. I don’t see anyone rushing to condemn Mandela or his successors.

Have a look at:

And
    http://www.genocidewatch.org/southafrica.html

mcboo
    Free Member

However much you dislike what the ANC has become you cant seriously claim that white farmers in SA are being murdered by the government, as in Zimbabwe.

As for Mandela, you need to read “Long Walk to Freedom”. If there is a more humbling example of forgiveness and sheer humanity than Nelson Mandela’s actions towards his former enemies I’d very much love to hear about it. If even Norman Tebbit can admit he was wrong about Mandela….

redfordrider
    Free Member

The ANC is complicit through negligence. Many of the farm murders are far more brutal than needed if the motive was theft. The aim is to intimidate others and to ethnically cleanse the area of European land owners. The ANC is embarrassed by its failure to redistribute the land to blacks as promised in every manifesto since 1991. This is why a Mugabe worshipping thug like Julius Malema enjoys the support of millions of poor South Africans. The ANC has only expelled him when his rhetoric to nationalise the gold mines and industry made foreign investors nervous.

I will cry the day Madiba dies. But he and his successors have not done enough to prevent the politically motivated mass murder of white farmers when the World condemns Mugabe for lesser evils.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

redfordrider – Member

He has millions of supporters and is revered through out Africa.

Have you got some evidence to back up this stunning claim that Mugabe is “revered” throughout Africa ?

I would be genuinely interested.

I thought that after falling out with the ANC, which for the obvious historical reason of both fighting white minority rule he once had close links, that he really didn’t have any friends left in Africa, let alone was “revered” throughout Africa.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My Mrs’s dad drove Mugabe around London during the Rhodesia/Zimbabwe Independence talks with Smith; he didn’t like the man then. He also drove Smith and found him a delightful chap. Smith gave him some cuff-links, which I have curiously inherited when her dad passed away earlier this year. It’s a strange world.

I pity Mugabe’s imminent death because it means he will escape justice.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Mugabe close to death!’ is closed to new replies.