Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mudhugger Rear Mudguards
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member
    soma_rich
    Free Member

I think its a great idea, good price at £20 but wrong season really. I might buy one when autumn/winter starts in August.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve been stewing on some kind of bodge to mount a rear guard like this for a good coupe of years, but not go round to it.

Theres an awful lot of plastic on that – the tyres quite enclosed – I worry about the sticky mud down our way just binding in the gap.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve been running old-school Crud-Guards on my 2 mtbs recently. They give the best coverage and are stiffer than anything else. but i don’t like the look of the stays, its only a matter of time till they get ripped off. So the one-piece guard mounted to seat-stays appeals.

I’ve also got a Decathlon one, like the Zefal no-mud. Good coverage, but the pivot bolts add weight and come loose. This seems to rectify thos problems.
    I agress, the clearance looks a little tight, but I guess there’s no reason it can’t be mounted a bit higher up?

I’d like to see something like an old V-brake-booster mounted semi-permanantly on, with a feature that the mudhugger can easliy and securly be clipped into, and removed when the weather’s good (and for photos)

PhilO
    Free Member

I’d like to see something like an old V-brake-booster mounted semi-permanantly on, with a feature that the mudhugger can easliy and securly be clipped into, and removed when the weather’s good (and for photos)

Or you could attach it using Velcro straps…

Look’s like a useful improvement over the Decathlon rear guard, not least because that requires a bit of bodging to fit if you don’t have Vee bosses. The mud hugger does look like it suffers from the common problem of being tapered down towards the rear end. Presumably this is for aesthetics, ’cause that’s right where you need the most width for function. 😕

brucegardiner
    Free Member

Check out http://www.themudhugger.co.uk They will be on sale in Sept they reckon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mudhugger Rear Mudguards’ is closed to new replies.