Mudhugger, or zefal no mud

Home Forum Bike Forum Mudhugger, or zefal no mud

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mudhugger, or zefal no mud
  • Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

For a hardtail. Anyone tried both, zefal is dirt cheap but the mudhugger looks a good idea.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

i’ve got a mud hugger, i like the fact it stays put and its no faff compared to post mounted guards ive tried but it is more of a chore if you like to take it off and put it back on depending on the conditions, if it’s gonna stay on all winter it’s a fit and forget item

sorry can’t give an opinion on the zefal

wobbliscott

I’ve got the Zefal. Not the mud hugger as they don’t do one fir a 29er, but something very similar but the 26″ mudhugger has a bit more wheel coverage so I’d imagine it’d work better. However, mine works fine. It doesn’t keep my backside completely dry, but keeps the direct impingement of mud and water off you. I went out yesterday on the rain for about 2.5 hrs. My bum was damp but not wet, it certainly wasn’t cold and miserable. The only benefit over the mudhugger as far as I can see is that it can be removed and refitted in seconds by one 5mm Allen screw each side, but to be fair, I’ll be keeping it on till spiring and things start to dry up.

You’ll be fine with either.

lucien

Got a mudhugger, definitely fit and forget stuff and works a treat – on my winter hardtail….

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Not the mud hugger as they don’t do one fir a 29er

Mines on my 29er

wobbliscott

Damn ipad keyboards! I meant my Zefal guard is not the No Mud as they don’t do that model for 29ers, but it’s practically the same except the No Mud had more coverage. Similarly the mudhugger has more coverage than mine. Went for the zefal one due to the ease of removal and refitting, but in reality I’ll just keep it on till spring so not necessarily the advantage I’d thought.

scaled

I had the zefal on my mega, running a 2.35 on the back It was pretty much ineffective.

Premier Icon postierich
    Subscriber

Lovin my mudhugger fit and forget for the moist months protects th reverb an ass!
    Looks batlike!

1471299_10152081524306474_61581343_n by Richard Munro, on Flickr

xcneil

Mudhugger for sure

robarnold

Mudgugger 29er version available at end of Jan, I’ve got the front one which is excellent

Premier Icon JoeG
    Subscriber

I have a Zefal no mud on my full suspension bike. It works well for me.

bellys

Mudhugger fitter to my camber and works great..not the best looking thing but it works.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mudhugger, or zefal no mud’ is closed to new replies.