Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mudguards with dropper posts ?
  • TheWrongTrousers

I know, I know, I need to MTFU ……
    But, what mudguards are people using with dropper seatposts these days ?
    Usually use Crud Guards in the winter, but obviously not such a great idea with a dropper.
    Or are they ?
    TIA

scc999

Mudhugger would work as it mounts to the frame not the seatpost?

https://www.themudhugger.co.uk/shop/

Si

paladin

I had just enough of the lower part of the dropper protruding to attach a crud catcher thing.
    I don’t think its a case of mtfu, just makes sense to me not to unnessicarily cover myself in crap, especially on a longer day out.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

I’ve got the crud guard mounted on the frame – I threw the rubber shim away and used a bit of inner tube, and it just goes on the ‘stub’ of seat tube. I’d rather not cover myself, or the dropper.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Another mudhugger user here, goes on the top of some amalgamating tape and i cut and reapply the cable ties when the weather gets shitty again.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use a decathlon thing that should attach to canti studs but works just as well with p-clips. I’d say a guard was even more important with an expensive dropper post in the firing line.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve since dumped the rubber bands and drilled a couple of holes in the front guard so I can bolt it into the cable guide bosses.

Pete-B
    Free Member

That’s a 29er but also available for kiddy wheels: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/zefal-no-mud-26-front-or-rear-clip-on-mudguard/

james
    Free Member

mudhugger ftw:

I drop the dropper into the frame so a seatpost mounted mudguard is a no for me
    With the seattube being so low down, the 29er version would work better on that bike though, a few splashes do get past, but nothing to get your shorts wet

austy
    Free Member

Another mudhugger user here, really pleased with it, backside completely dry on Thursday night after a muddy ride, didn’t have to put a seat cover in the car either.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got a Zefal No-Mud and my mate has a mud hugger. Pro’s and cons. The Mudhugger is definately more effective due to the way it straightens out at its end, but the Zefal can be removed and installed more daily – though last winter I couldn’t be bothered and left it on. However in both cases they wore through the paint and into the metal of the chainstay’s so in both cases make sure you use plenty of thick hell-tape to protect the frame.

emanuel
    Free Member

What you all need is a direct mount mudhugger.

Stainless fittings mean no paint to wear off, no corrosion issues and makes taking them off or on pretty easy.

not using all those, btw.

read all about it.

cookeaa

There are some slightly cheaper ways to add “aesthetic challenge” to your life…

Orsumz!

emanuel
    Free Member

well, the romans conquered most of yurp with sandals and socks…
    surprisingly comfortable, tbh.

slowoldman

Well, being a shortarse and having decided to try a dropper post, I was quite sure that with the post installed and pushed right down (as it has to be given my stature) I would have to bin my Topeak Defender. But no. It fits successfully around the seat tube below the clamp.

rOcKeTdOg

mudhugger here too, no seatpost issues whatsoever

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards with dropper posts ?’ is closed to new replies.