Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mudguards
  • danmac
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a front mudguard to fit a 2020 Pike with sufficient clearance for 650b+ tyres? Doesn’t seem to be much info on many websites as to actual clearance specs or mainly based around 29ers. Turns out after fishing some gritty sheep turd out of my eye last night, im done with wee fenders. Thanks in advance!

BigJohn

So you want to swap your wee fender for a poo fender?

kayak23

I have a Mudhugger on the front on my 29er 2.6.
    That’s not into plus territory quite I suppose, but there seems to be decent clearance.
    It’s brilliant anyway.

Might be worth an email to Mudhugger.

danmac
    Free Member

@BigJohn😂😂😂😂

Ok ok… Lets reiterate, a guard to prevent any kind of animal excrement from entering the region of ones face 😁

danmac
    Free Member

@escrs Thats exactly what i was after! Thankyou Sir!

dc1988

The crud catcher XL has a gap for the arch which means it can go higher than any solid guard

Onzadog
    Free Member

Lots of modern forks have the crown coming lower than the arch at full compression. I’ve been spacing mud guards down with strips of inner tube and self amalgamating tape.

I use mudhuggers and/or RRP. I think my preference is the RRP, it seems to offer more protection for the seals. Both can be moulded with a heatgun/hairdryer to fine tune clearance if needed.

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Be careful with the front mudhugger if your front tyre is to tall they do not work brought one for a FS stache to close then sold it put one on a EX8 very close should work see how that goes check the reviews on CRC right bike and very are great the long version think they say you need more than 10mm under the fork arch to work there is a new RRP one might be better with a recess.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards’ is closed to new replies.