Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • mudguard time.
  • ton

picking a new bike up this week. i want some mudguards for it, plans to restart my offroad cycling this winter.

so are mudhugger the best option, or crud stuff? or something else.

Stigheed

I have been using Mudhugger front mudguards but recently moved over to RRP’s version. It has much better coverage and is a bit cheaper. It also feels more sturdy. I also use Crud Catcher rear mudguards as the Mudhugger rear rattled on my frame no matter how I tightened it with zip ties.

Crud catcher front mud guards interfere with bike racks on the car.

conkers
    Free Member

RRP progaurd max for the front, Mudhugger for the rear.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

If you have Fox forks the Syncros front mudguard works well and doesn’t need zip ties everywhere.

ajantom

Crud Catcher Fender XL is pretty damn good.
    Better coverage than Mudhugger or RRP, and uses rubber o-rings so can be swapped/taken off in seconds.

Mudhugger rear is good, but make sure you tape up your frame well if you value your paint!

choppersquad
    Free Member

Are there any other rear mudguards that fit Crud Catcher style on a dropper post?

zippykona

I’m a rear mudhugger fan but on my anthem the seat stay angle is too shallow so the guard doesn’t offer as much coverage as it should. A seat post mounted crud guard is a lot more effective.

On the front the crud xl is good but doesn’t offer as much coverage as something like the rrp pro guard and a down tube guard .

The mudhugger front doesn’t offer as much tyre clearance the rrp or zefal versions.

patagonian
    Free Member

First ride yesterday after changing to Mudhuggers on my Trance and my shorts were spotless!

dc1988

Another vote for Crudcatcher fender XL. It’s not a looker but very easy to fit/adjust and on a recent ride in pouring rain/mud without glasses I didn’t get anything in my eyes which says it all.

SirHC

I’ve tried the following:

– Fender bender variants, basically they are useless, catch minimal amounts of mud/water/clart

– Rockguardz PG350/450, pretty good and keeping the mud/water/clart from your face. Found it scoops mud into the fork seal area at times, which isn’t great.

– Powa Dfender, same as the rockguardz for keeping you clean, but it takes no time at all to fit, which is a bonus if you are putting bikes inside cars. Waiting for the official kit to fit them to boost lyrik 29er forks, fit the old non boost ones fine with a bit of fettling.

– Crud Catcher XL, best coverage by far and keeps me cleanest, doesn’t scoop mud into the fork seals, it is by far the most ugliest!

For me its Powa Dfender when its not properly muddy (one stays in the car year round, just in case) and the crud catcher gets fitted through winter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘mudguard time.’ is closed to new replies.