Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mudguard eyelets M5 way too big? Boardman CX
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Fitting mudguards and can’t get M5 bottle bolts to fit, looks too big.

Not sure if there is a standard size?

The SKS kit bolts are way too big.
    No paint needs cleaning off so other than ordering M4 or M3 bolts and cut them down?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just order the correct size fasteners. You get the chance to play with colour and material.

Stainless, titanium, aluminium, nylon, for a set if mud guards, the world is your oyster.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

M5 for my Boardman CX, they need lining up nice and square and a bit of pressure with the Allen key to get them to bite past the little bit of paint over spray round the edges but they’re fine.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Hi, which CX do you have? 2016-2018?

BenjiM

I have a 2014 Team CX. Yes the eyelets are an odd size. I re-tapped mine to M5.

Have fun finding a half decent BB too, because of that stupid lip inside the shell. Still riding it though so can’t be all bad!

parkesie
    Free Member

My Boardman CX accepted sks guards using the supplied bolts m4 I think. Hope pf46 bb slots straight into the black red cx team.

BenjiM

The 2014 CX Team is silver and the frame has a few “Quirks” ! 🙂

orangeboy
    Free Member

Quirks like not letting you fit a normal sram pf30 bb and having to reuse the fsa cups with new bearings and some retainer.

BenjiM

My Gossamer cranks ended up going pear shaped on it so I used an old set of SLX’s and used a single NW 38 up front. I found that a https://www.evanscycles.com/wheels-manufacturing-pressfit-30-to-shimano-24mm-axle-bottom-bracket-EV274302 fit absolutely great and has been fantastic so far.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I have the 2016-18 black and red team rival with an upgraded wheel set losing 500g per wheel and Schwalbe touring semi slicks tyres which adds 700g per wheel lol. I did like the previous models too except the new brakes don’t need adjusting.

It’s been a good workhorse/winter toy.

Ordered some M4 bolts to test.

I’ve put 35mm tyres on and the 45mm guards will need a quick metal snip/file to fit the fork and rear stays. I’m using SKS alu 45’s – new model made but not famous yet.

The BB died but a standard PF30 SRAM went in no problem.

Waiting for Sram to develop their universal crank/multi fit BB for road/CX as they did for mtb DUB. It has better seals and fits pf30 or BB30.

Duane…
    Free Member

Frankenstein – I have just sent you a PM, I’d love a bit more info/pics if poss of the guards you are running on your CX.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mudguard eyelets M5 way too big? Boardman CX’ is closed to new replies.