Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • mudguaards for a CX bike
  • meeeee
    Free Member

not actually using it for cross racing, but commuting and winter training on + off road.

So as i'm using it off road are the Crud type guards best? What are they like on road though as thats the real reason i want to fit some to use in the wet.

meehaja
    Free Member

I use the cheap road type ones (with the wire brace etc) fine for the back, but my carbon forks have no mount for guards, so it is wrapped round the quick release (this can't be good). I'd try a crud type one if I were you…

nbt

I use my CS for commuting, some road and some off-road. I've got full guards on mine which limits the size of tyres I can run, but I've had nor problems with them and have at time been rather thankful for the protection offered

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Try the Crud Roadracer guards. Like kinda full length guards but take a minute or so to remove.

The 'off road' type crudcatcher stylee guards are useful for keeping the water/filth off your back, but don't do much for stopping that continual spray of wetness off the front tyre soaking your legs and shoes. Full mudguards do a much better job.

Actually, would be surprised if your CX bike frame doesn't have mudguard eyelets – if it has, just get some proper guards for commuting.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Try the Crud Roadracer guards. Like kinda full length guards but take a minute or so to remove.

The reports I've seen say that they're only ok up to 23mm tyres so probably won't be good for a cross bike.

My Tricross has mudguard fittings so I used the SKS ones – P45's I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘mudguaards for a CX bike’ is closed to new replies.