Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • mud-x, anyone else have this problem?
  • meeeee
    Free Member

i ride a lot on rocky stuff (lakes) and i keep ripping into the knobbles on the tyre so that it punctures (running them tubeless). It sort of then seals but the next ride just gets ripped open again. Not had this trouble with any other tyres, and never had this problem with them until i started doing rocky stuff.

I guess i could run them with tubes but then i'll start getting pinch flats. Time to look at some different tyres i think…

thefallguy
    Free Member

I'm surprised you want mud tyres for the lakes as most of the riding seems to have a rock base. Not had this problem myself (but then I only tend to use mud x's in the winter filth) but the tyres do seem very soft

meeeee
    Free Member

ah well i didnt actually buy them for the lakes was just using them up (had 3 of them). They were great where i lived previously. Oddly enough though Wheelbase were reccommending them last time i was in so i was wondereing if anyone else had this trouble or if its just me!

I_Ache
    Free Member

You must either have really powerful legs or be braking loads.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I suspect some sharp rock edges are probably cutting into them and subsequent braking / accelarating is tearing them open more.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘mud-x, anyone else have this problem?’ is closed to new replies.