Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mud Sweat & Gears – final results….
  • bigdawg
    Free Member

I know theres at least one other person on here thatll want to see these…

ok it says provisional but I hope they dont change as Im currently 2nd Vet overall….

http://mudsweatgears.sxevents.co.uk/results/series/MSG_series.xls

tinsy
    Free Member

yup but they got mine wrong…

bigdawg
    Free Member

dont say that Im 2nd – how have they got it wrong??

tinsy
    Free Member

The have me down as 3rd overall, witch might be the case I have not tried to work out the overall, but I was 1st Vet, and they have credited the next bloke with that… Surely I would be 3rd overall and 1st vet??

Well done bigdawg, that good ride at Langdon must have moved you up the board a bit…

bigdawg
    Free Member

no they bought this up at codham when one of the vets threw his toys out the pram (he wanted 1st & 2nd I think!) – according to the bcf rule book if you have series points these supercede other points (ie vets, grand vets or junior) and only the overall series points count towards final results.

Which is why Ive been catapulted into 2nd (instead of 4th) place so I love british cycling fed at the moment – its a good rule…

tinsy
    Free Member

what load of bollards… not too happy with that myself 🙁

So let me get this straight I had to lose to the other vet that I have been tussling with at each round in order to win?

bigdawg
    Free Member

well to be honest I cant ever recall people taking 1st in series and in their own catagories, as in theory the virtually the same people would be on the podiums…

tinsy
    Free Member

Not if the youngsters would get a flipping move on, or be just a tiny bit consistent… I only got 9th, 8th, and 10th in the overall's cannot beleive that would get me a 3rd anyhow…

bigdawg
    Free Member

thats the trouble though – the top senior riders in theory should have hammered the vets but there just wasnt the quality of rider there that I expected – but saying that some of the vets in the 2 hour races are pretty much what used to be called expert/pro racers – we had Alex Dowsett racing at danbury whos a pro time trialist (seventh inthe worlds last week)

tinsy
    Free Member

So whats the prize for 3rd overall? I will be even more pissed off if its not as good as 1st Vet… but to be honest I wasnt expecting anything much, I only go riding for a laugh, couldnt believe I am in this position anyhow. 🙂

You will find no toys in this though…

bigdawg
    Free Member

i have no idea tbh..

also do you know if the eastern region results are anything to do with ms&g or are they seperate? There was no way I could get to that cambridge round…

nicemonkey
    Free Member

I finished in 26th overall 🙁 but also did the Cambridge (st Ives event), by the way the points have been worked out I think that if there had been another 10 events just by turning up I would have won the overall! 😳

bigdawg
    Free Member

I think the cambridge race is part of another race series though… My only wish is that theyd been clearer on the website as to how points were calculated and what rounds qualify…

tinsy
    Free Member

Pretty sure Eastern region was all 4 rounds according to this http://www.londoncyclesport.com/News/Event_News/Eastern_Region_Mountain_Bike_League.html with the 3 Essex events beign the MSG series.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mud Sweat & Gears – final results….’ is closed to new replies.