• This topic has 25 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Mucky Nutz or Neoguard?
  • cheviots
    Free Member

So got back from this mornings ride, face looked like spotted dick pudding!, obviously I need extra protection!
    Recommendations or suggestions welcome.

DezB
    Free Member

Muckynutz works really well for me. Not good if you use fat tyres (2.2+) in the wet as it’ll probably rub.

Rosss
    Free Member

Mucky Nutz worked really well for me today in the wet mud

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Neoguard has the potential to deflect all the shit kicked up into your forks, muckynutz does not.

oldskooler
    Free Member

You can use both, if you want extra protection, as I still get bits from my marsh guard.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Mucky nutz for me.
    I can get an HD in there, and it keeps a little bit more shit of my fork seals.

DezB
    Free Member

Neoguard has the potential to deflect all the shit kicked up into your forks, muckynutz does not

This is bad, yes?

Northwind

Bender Fender for me. They do have their limits, but at that point I stop messing about with tiny mudguards and move onto the shockboard, or “mud canoe”

iainc

Try the mucky Nutz with their downtube gut fender – ideal combo

nickdavies

Mucky nuts – tried the neoguard and never liked it have mucky nuts on all my bikes now, just stay there whatever the weather.

Ran one happily with a 2.5 maxxis front all week in the wet clag with no rubbing problems either, although that’s probably more to do with the forks as it hugs the inner arch.

goodgrief
    Free Member

https://www.themudhugger.co.uk/shop/

has been much better than a standard mucky nutz for me, more coverage makes a big difference

superfli
    Free Member

I run Bender Fender XL and a normal one on my 2 bikes. Both are alright, but not great. I have a Neoguard too, but ditched it ’cause it wasnt great either.
    Yesterday in the extreme wet, I was out with a mate who has one of those expensive Dfenders. I was faffing with glasses that kept misting up and he lent me his bike for a while. Fk me, it might not be worth £50 (to me), but christ its like night and day with my Bender Fender XL!
    I cant fit the Dfender to my forks (Marz 44RC3), and am a cheapskate anyway, so bought a Gut Fender to go with my Bender Fender. It was £4.50. Might not be as good, but its cheap 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

DH inner tube and some zip ties.

joshbosh12
    Free Member

DFender is by far the best mudguard available. Neither a Neo Guard or a Mucky Nutz would keep the mud away from contact lensed eyes. Expensive but worth it for sure.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Do guards like the neoguard actually work.
    Surely the mud would have already come off the tyre and hit you on the face and covered the downtube well before it goes flying between the forks?

BearBack
    Free Member

it keeps a little bit more shit of my fork seals.

Vote for Mucky Nutz here too. Much better than a neoguard imo.
    4 quid a pop too if you buy the sale items.

Northwind

matlockmeat – Member

Do guards like the neoguard actually work.
    Surely the mud would have already come off the tyre and hit you on the face and covered the downtube well before it goes flying between the forks?

Nah, the mud that gets you in the face is mostly flung forwards, then you ride into it. Same reason crudcatchers by themselves do very little.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Neither! Buy a marshguard!

Mucky Nutz here too

toronte
    Free Member

I’ve got Marsh Guard with 2.4 Rubber Queen and Lyrik. They clog up with mud so bad that the front wheel won’t move.

Luckily I don’t live in the UK so I don’t see that much mud on my local trails. Most of the time I’m happy with it.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Tried both and the Muckynutz works much better.

cheviots
    Free Member

Seems like Mucky Nutz is the first choice.
    Thanks

Lakes_Puma

if you are not a Prima donna and concerned what colour your bolts etc are then I have tried several mudguards and the best to date is the Crud Fast Fender.

Yes it looks a bit wannabe motocross-er but it does the job.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Mucky nutz xl works for me. I didn’t need all the extra at the front so just snipped a bit off. Does a good job of stopping water going up your steerer (oh er misses) as well.

solarpowered
    Free Member

I’ve seen something brilliant! It’s called a dairy-o-matic! It’s essentially the same as the products listed above but made from an old milk carton and a few tie wraps and A LOT cheaper.
    Mind you, if I had the money?….?…! …

DezB
    Free Member

£7 or faff about cutting a milk carton. Choice is yours!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Mucky Nutz or Neoguard?’ is closed to new replies.