• This topic has 53 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GW.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Mucky Nutz fender Bender Fitting??
  • GW
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Abandon velcro, use cable ties, is how I do it. all very well until you find yourself ground to a halt from it clogging with mud/leaves/twigs and need to remove it 😉

Northwind

Just procure yourself a Poking Stick, or if you’re particularily concerned carry one with you.

TBh I’ve only had an issue with that a couple of times, and I reckon the fork would still have blocked up anyway.

Stuuey

Clogging up isn’t my problem its the noise from the odd leaf that gets stuck on the tyre. Mine has also cracked at one of the front velcro holes. It’s coming off and I’m going back to the between the stantions type things, which as well as being quiet and less prone to cracking also keep me cleaner (when going >20 on wet trails the MNs still let spray up in your face.)

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Don’t cut into 5 equal lengths if you have 55’s – you’ll end up with at least two bits that are too short 🙁

Quite possible to underthink this simple task.

GW
    Free Member

NW you obviously aren’t riding type of mud I’m talking about :-\

GW
    Free Member

Dbl post

nickswolves
    Free Member

It’s v simple…Take the length of velcro and wrap it around the leg of the fork, leave 30mm extra and cut. Cut the next bit the same length for the other leg. Then for the brace, again wrap the velcro round it and leave extra 20mm then cut 2 more lengths the same size. Job done 😀

avdave2

all very well until you find yourself ground to a halt from it clogging with mud/leaves/twigs and need to remove it

I always have an old toothbrush tucked in with my tools which is handy for unclogging things, and an old toothpaste tube to use as a tyre boot.
    Wonder if I could make an emergency dustcap from the lids?

Northwind

GW – Member

NW you obviously aren’t riding type of mud I’m talking about :-\

TBH mate I tend to avoid it, it’s crap. But point I’m making is that the wee fender bender isn’t any tighter around the wheel than the fork arch, I’ve clogged the fork without the mudguard just as badly as I have with so I don’t reckon it’s the issue.

GW
    Free Member

Don’t be silly 🙄
    fork arch is a 1″ bar, the fender creates a huge funnel

Northwind

Aye, silly of me to draw conclusions based on my own experiences, must be losing it…

Sure, the fender is a little bigger at the entrance, but does that make any practical difference? Doubt it very much, unless you have a coating of mud 6 inches tall on your tyre. The width is identical.

GW
    Free Member

Why on earth are you defending it so profusely?

You already admit to never riding thick sticky mud strewn with leaves and twigs.

My exact experience was my front wheel grinding to a halt every couple of revolutions, requiring clearing ad nauseum, I then removed the fender and carried on fine.

Its a good fender for puddles, wet trails and less thick, sticky mud.

Northwind

You know what, it’s not worth the hassle when you’re in this sort of weird mood and inventing things to try to provoke an argument. Night night.

GW
    Free Member

How bizarre! Is my honestly, and the realisation you are actually wrong really that difficult to deal with?
    Oh, well.. Sleep tight Xx

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Mucky Nutz fender Bender Fitting??’ is closed to new replies.