Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Muc Off Inner Tube Sealant
  • superleggero
    Free Member

Does anyone have any good/bad experience of this stuff? I’m particularly interested as it claims to not dry out so it meets my fit and forget requirement, and it’s not too pricey.

https://muc-off.com/products/inner-tube-sealant

superleggero
    Free Member

Test

Sandwich

It does dry out as I discovered to my cost during the winter. Mrs Sandwich did sag-wagon duties as it was a good distance from home. I also discovered that it doesn’t last if a sealed hole is exposed to much water, the flooded roads in January were a good test.

I’m back on Stans Race for all my tubeless tyres, (road, CX and MTB).

superleggero
    Free Member

Thanks Sandwich – is it the tubeless Muc Off sealant that let you down or their sealant specifically designed for use inside inner tubes? You mention tubeless tyre sealant at the end of your post so I just want to be sure which one you mean.

I’m interested in the one designed to work inside inner tubes which they say does not dry out. Their tubeless specific sealant has a different formulation and will dry out according their blurb – they say it lasts up to 6 months.

augustuswindsock

I bought some few weeks ago from Aldi, feeling rather pleased I posted a psa on here, then saw another thread where pretty much everyone slated it. Worst of all, I did that, ‘just bin the receipt’ to the lady at the till🙄

Sandwich

The full tubeless sealant. It did smell nice though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Muc Off Inner Tube Sealant’ is closed to new replies.