Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • MTBR : Angry Singlespeeder wind-up
  • Northwind

ianv – Member

and sticking to tow paths, abandoned railway lines and fire roads

I post this often… This here is Jesse Wigman, on his way to 40th overall in the endurance downhill at Fort William, beating about 100 people on assorted hardcore hardtails, big trailbikes, and full downhill bikes. 13 runs…

Luckily I had 16 inches of skills compensation so I managed to beat him by a place. Amazing what bicyclists can do eh?

ianv
    Free Member

This here is Jesse Wigman, on his way to 40th overall in the endurance downhill at Fort William, beating about 100 people on assorted hardcore hardtails, big trailbikes, and full downhill bikes. 13 runs…

Exception rather than the rule.

Northwind

Well dur. But just proves that if anyone finds a rigid only fit for canal paths, it’s because of their inadequacy, right? 😉

Karl33to
    Free Member

So lemme get this straight.
    The author has well and truly earned his stripes by riding a fully rigid hardtail for twenty years, which has made him an awesome rider, and he has also realised that riding a FS will make him

feel like a cheetah unchained,

…. so why does he still ride a rigid SS?

BadlyWiredDog

angry singlepseeder sound like a right tool, full of envy for those who can afford good bikes.

He sounds like someone who’s being paid to write something vaguely controversial to up hits and trigger forum discussions like this one, no? And you sound like someone trolling hopelessly on top of his troll. Like a flea sat on a flea or something like that. It’s all very sad. 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

How is he being controversial?
    His bike choice has evolved similarly to mine and most of my riding mates.
    It’s probably a generational thing as well as a reflection when we started riding (late 80s,early 90’s). Coupled with bike availability and personal income at the time.
    I still ride rigid and fs and they’re both good.

cynic-al
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

I still ride rigid and fs and they’re both good.

Me too – what makes him a tool is his belief that he knows what everyone else should do.

bigyinn
    Free Member

He’s a tool because he has an opinion? What if he’s right?

Be interesting to get Jedi’s opinion on this.

crosshair
    Free Member

Get a f/s with lockout and have the best of both worlds 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘MTBR : Angry Singlespeeder wind-up’ is closed to new replies.