Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • MTB’ing near Wellingborough / Kettering
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

A question for you all, is there anything worth riding in the afore mentioned area without having to drive too far to get there.

The reason I ask is, I’m moving down there with work for 4-5 months, only during the week mind, but it’d be nice to have somethign to take my HT down for.

If not there’s always the roadie option and thrown in some running.

Thanks in advance

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

If you are free on Wednesday evenings treadscc.co.uk ride out of Northampton, about 20-35 mins from Wellingboro. Depending on how near Kettering you are you might be nearer to the Cats club (nearer Mkt Harboro way) Irchester Country park is an easy spin out of W’boro and I’d be happy to show you around if you want, being a web-footed local ;0)

It’s all a bit flat, and there’s a lot of clay-ish ground that is best avoided this time of year, but like anywhere, there’s fun to be had with a bike if you know where to look, some nice road loops too once you’re away from the towns.

TR (E-mail in profile)

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cheers rusty, I’ll drop you an email soon

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Hi Steve

Another member of the treads massif (is that really a good way to describe us?) here, just a follow up point we also ride on Sunday Mornings as well as our Saturday morning darkside rides, if you find yourself floating around over the odd weekend, and of course not forgetting our regular Friday night curry night, i think we are trying to get our local Balti King to sponsor us. There is plenty of us about on our forum so if you fancy a ride some other time jump on our forum and put a ride idea into the pot, there is normally always a couple of people floating around during the week, whom would be willing to show you about,

Ron Jeremy

*waves to rusty*
    hi mate how was that Soltice Stout?

Oh and i can use my proper name on this new STW webthingy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘MTB’ing near Wellingborough / Kettering’ is closed to new replies.