Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MTBing in Switzerland
  • underthesun
    Free Member

I am driving to Italy in April and would like to stop off in Switzerland to do some MTBing. Anyone got any ideas where is good near the Bern region as I am passing closest to this place. Or possibly any other trails??

teacake
    Free Member

Use this: http://bikeland.myswitzerland.com/en/routen.cfm

Switzerland is excellent for mtbing. There are plenty of walking trails waymarked with mtb signs. Just pick a route to ride and follow the signs. You can buy “singletrail” maps from bike shops – they are your best bet.

The riding is largley singletrack, but remember that the climbs could be uber. We did a 70k ride which had 1400m of climb and 2000m of descent – then we got the train back. Buses and trains are fine with bikes.

Enjoy!

nasher
    Free Member

There will still be a lot snow in April!

goog
    Free Member

best keep an eye out for the walkers !

8)

mrmo
    Free Member

I should warn you about the trains, i have been caught on this, you are meant to buy a 1/2fare ticket for the bike, at least on some trains. I had seen it written somewhere and decided to play dumb tourist if i got caught. Had to pay fare when i did get caught but nothing else. I think if a bike looks like a bike it counts, bags don’t seem to be a problem.

Stoner
    Free Member

Check out the hohtenn/lochsberg sudrampe in the rhone valley – great fun descent! lose a 1,000ft very gently over 20km along the side of the valley using old tunnels and existing aquaducts. Sapaudia (if he’s registered at STWv2.0) can help with directions, or I can scan in a map and email it to you later this week when Im back at home.

snaps
    Free Member

Which route are you going into Italy by?
    We had a day HERE – its near the Sion pass into Italy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MTBing in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.