Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Mtbing in and around St Neots,…
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

….possible? 🙂

crossland
    Free Member

If you mean the one in cambridgeshire its possible but not exciting, and very gloopy when wet

oldnpastit

Must be quite close to Chicksands?

Klunk
    Free Member

couple of laps of grafham water 🙂 though i wouldn’t describe it as technical, blue light maybe.

crossland
    Free Member

There is also a bridleway that goes south from by eynesbury golf club

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

cool i might chuck the mtb in next time i’m down if anyone fancies showing me some stuff?

Anything from Eaton Socon way to do a loop for a couple of hours?

crossland
    Free Member

Sorry, wont be me, had 35 years in st neots but now in north cotswolds, I would head towards grafham as above, at least it should be ridable

Sandwich

If it’s wet be prepared to grow 3 inches if you have to walk anywhere and your bike will gain kilos. There’s some bridleways out towards Molesworth/Spaldwick that will make a big loop.

chrischim
    Free Member

I used to live in Potton to the south. Thetford and Woburn are a short drive or you can string together a number of bridleways in the local area but don’t expect anything particularly challenging.

felltop

Reading this thread reminds me why I escaped from St Neots at the age of 21 (a long time ago…). From memory, apart from Grafham Water, it’ll either be too muddy for anything, or more fun on a cross bike.

cheers_drive

Woburn is less than 30 mins drive away

deano8
    Free Member

Live in St Neots, Chicksands and Woburn are only 1/2 hr away. Training loop across to Grafham round and back is 20 miles, dirty but not sticky:)

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

permit?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Sounding good all of a sudden, thanks for the tips.

deano8 got that route anywhere?

dude
    Free Member

So there’s more than one of us living in the flatlands that is st Neots. Unbelievable. Was always ashamed to say on here where I lived…

deano8
    Free Member

Don’t use any gps, depending on when your about I could go for a ride unless you can take it from Strava.
    Dude, don’t be ashamed! Where do you ride?

felltop

I’m still ashamed to say where I was brought up… 🙂

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Sounds good, I won’t be down there until late Feb, early March now though.

assuming emails are in profiles I’ll drop you a line, would be good to get shown the treats.

Has chicksands got a xc trail yet? not having much joy with their site?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

shameless plug…my missus has a salon on the green in eaton socon, the crystal rooms, anyone needs a great massage, or their nails done 😀 or you like the tarmac and need your legs waxed,…give her a shout! 😀

[/url]post-ride massage

deano8
    Free Member

Chicksands xc is roughly marked out and you can make up your own trails but Woburn is better in my opinion.
    Normally do the xc and then ride the bike park which is great fun and being developed all the time.
    E-mail in profile:)

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

noted tah.

dude
    Free Member

Mostly to work. Still haven’t explored much yet. I’ve only been living here for a year, but only came from Northampton, so not much better (but at least had harlestone firs a short ride away). Done grafham a fair few times, also around Paxton pits. But its all pretty much the same flat 😀

Bullet

If you’re prepared to travel to Chicksands you could also look down to the hills beyond Barton le Clay. Can put together a 30 mile xc loop with some pretty good climbs and descents plus some woods, bridleways etc. Total mudfest this time of year to be honest but great once it dries out.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Mtbing in and around St Neots,…’ is closed to new replies.