Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • MTBing around Beer, Devon.
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

Off down there to visit family this weekend and have a choice of a road ride or MTB ride, I’m not really in the roadie frame of mind at the moment so fancy a quick spin on the MTB, I’ve ridden the coastal path from Beer to Sidmouth years ago when I started MTBing, however that is mainly footpath and being a responsible grown up I shouldn’t really ride it (even though it was fun in parts).

So any suggestions? I really don’t want to drive far, if at all.

smiffy

There’s a good bridlepath pulling up out from the youth hostel, and one going over to Branscombe from the top of Beer Head, then when you get up to the main road there are woods at Bovey Down with tracks that can be ridden. You can link bits up with the use of the OS.

billysan
    Free Member

Head up to Hangmans stone cross roads (on road), turn right then left after a mile at stafford cross towards Colyton. you’ll see Marganhayes woods on your left after about a mile. Pretty big chunk of forrestry commission land on quite a steep hill to have a play in.

Or go straight over at Hangmans stone, follow the road down and up, then left towards blackberry camp. There is lots of woodland around the camp to explore. You can even get there by bridleway if you have a map handy, difficult to describe.

Were you local to the area?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    KINGTUT
    Free Member

Thanks for that, no not local, we as a family used to holiday there a lot when I was a kid, they all liked it so much they they moved there, I stayed in Bristol.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘MTBing around Beer, Devon.’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts