Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Mtb’ers from Central Scotland – New trail in Motherwell
  • Xan
    Free Member

Found this on the Lanarkshire mtb club website. does anyone know any more about it?

http://www.lanarkshiremtbclub.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=50

Xan
    Free Member

bump

auldy
    Free Member

Xan

As far as I know the trails will be built in the area at the back of Forgewood in Motherwell and head towards Bellshill/Mossend – hope that helps
    David

coffeeking
    Free Member

Looks a tad flat?

auldy
    Free Member

. . . as a pancake coffeeking – not many Mountains around there 🙂 I was out with the Lanarkshire guys at the weekend and we were discussing the best way of bunnyhopping Neds and Buckfast bottles !

Xan
    Free Member

Yeah I agree. Doesn’t look up to much. Think it will be ok for beginers and Kids but thats about it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Might be worth a quick sprint but it is kinda un-green for me to drive to it and it’s too far to ride…. 😀

Xan
    Free Member

Probably as quick for me to go to CV and much quicker to head to Mugdock where the riding will probably be much better. If I want flat riding I’ll stick to teh canal paths.

WTF
    Free Member

The biggest obstacles on that will be dodging broken Buckie bottles and the neds who launch them.
    Urban mountain biking ftw.

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

COOL – thats just out the back of my house -RESULT!

It does go through nedsville tennesee though! don’t think its a take your good bike course…

plus I reckon all the pain in the shunk moto crossers will have it wrecked in two days:(

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Usual naesaying from the mountain bike elite…

It’s all that some of these folk will be able to access and it looks a damn sight better than what was there before – no?

Also, Greenlink seems to be a community project (like Carron Valley) but properly funded this time by Central Scotland Forest Trust aka Forestry Commission Scotland.

Also shows that all the bollocks about Carron Valley needing to have accessible trails ( i.e g

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Green and Blue only) was just that – bollocks. Why can they have progressive grading in the middle of Motherwell and not out in CV?

All WIAT funded no doubt – would love to get a look at the books…

Swello
    Free Member

I’ll start taking my bike with me on a Saturday so when I’m leaving Fir Park at half-time in a state of depression, I’ve got something to do to cheer me up before I head home 🙂

auldy
    Free Member

Swello – a fellow Well fan here !!, I think avoiding Fir Park and going out on the bike on a Saturday until the end of the season is a better bet ! BTW if you are looking for a local group ride on Wednesday night a bunch of us from the Lanarkshire MTB Club go out around Chatelherault or Bothwell Castle for a couple of hours .7PM from the Strathy Park Boathouse.

J0N
    Free Member

Looks OK. Similar idea as Pollock park I suppose. Good on them for doing something with some spare land.
    :-)contour lines show only 10 metres of descent then climb. starts with a descent though which is quite unique. 🙂

Xan
    Free Member

[Quote]Also shows that all the bollocks about Carron Valley needing to have accessible trails ( i.e Green and Blue only) was just that – bollocks. Why can they have progressive grading in the middle of Motherwell and not out in CV?[/qoute]

IMO opinion neither CV or this look/are red grade. When you compare CV to the like of glentress and AE there are only really 1 or 2 technically bits and a few climbs that an amature would not be able to do. With the one in Motherwell cant see you asking for anymore than Green/Blue even though it does state there is a red section.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

I’m just taking it at face value – the plans do show Green, Blue, Red and Black I believe? Not quite sure how you can tell they ‘aren’t Red’ by looking at a drawing.

Agree with you mostly on CV but that wasn’t my point. CV project was prevented from offering a range of grade options allegedly because “the trails had to be accessible” whereas the Motherwell project (in a comparitively tiny space) is managing to offer all four. Which makes sense of course;-)

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

Agree with swello! if the rest of the season is anything like the st mirren game, I’ll just skip the first half too!

By the way I am well chuffed they’ll be stuff out the back door to ride. Had a few little trails there already, small area, although decent bit bigger than the freeride area at the ‘tress, but good potential. There’s a decent hill to get some speed up for most bits.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Mtb’ers from Central Scotland – New trail in Motherwell’ is closed to new replies.