Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • MTBers 1, Thieving chav scummers O.
  • freeride_gear
    Free Member

just a reminder for anyone in Kirkby!!

easygirl

rude boy
    i think youn will find that in te majority of these cases heroin addiction is the cause of theft, not wanting bling or possessons

enfht
    Free Member

Mate, seriously, get a life, and stop worrying about what I, TJ, or anyone else thinks. It’s a forum. Do you know what the word means? You seem to be obsessed with me. Half your posts are to slag me off. Sad

hahaha, that’s rich coming from same **** who trawls STW and forever critises every opinion that doesnt match his own “Red World Order” ideology. hahahaha

I didnt read the rest of your post but be careful you might steam up your telescope. Did you type ALL that one-handed?

Oh and btw I aint your mate 😈

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh and btw I aint your mate

You could be, if you were a happier bunny.

enfht
    Free Member

I figured you’d have been hitting F5 for 2 hours waiting for a response, seems I was correct. Oh take the Happy Highground why dont you 😀

sq225917
    Free Member

Smackheads don’t steal bikes, they shoplift.

easygirl

smackheads will steal anything to get heroin

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

enfht – Member

Interesting though how TJ and RB never fail to find an excuse to explain away all of society’s problems (Thatcher et al) but remain strangley quiet when there are posts about bike thieves [:lol:]

There is a huge difference between looking for the reasons why something happens and making excuses for crims. A judicial / custodial / retributive approach can never work. alongside it needs to be some understanding of the causes of crime and steps taken to prevent that.

I work from a purely pragmatic point of view. For example a majority of “petty crime” such as bike theft is done to fund drug habits. Answer – let the junkies have their smack – then they don’t need to rob to fund their habits, they won’t develop the health problems associated with poor quality drugs etc. Thus the cost to society is less. Purely pragmatic.

Oh – well done to the OP

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, yes, TJ, but trying to understand other people goes against the grain of many STWers, surely? And is it even possible, that the curtain-twitching NIMBYs could open their minds up just a tiny bit, even for just a minute, to appreciate that society is a far more complex thing than they can possibly imagine?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

“there is no such thing as society” remember?

julianwilson
    Free Member

let the junkies have their smack – then they don’t need to rob to fund their habits,

long time since I had much to do with drugs rehabilitation (for my job, that is!) but if i recall rightly, burglary and particularly conviction for burglary used to be part of the way the effectiveness of rehab/methadone programmes used to be measured.

they won’t develop the health problems associated with poor quality drugs etc.

Although methadone is also pretty bad for you (‘methadone teeth’ being an obviuos symptom), it is not half as bad a poor quality heroin. I remember a couple of years ago we ‘lost’ a couple of heroin users from there being a dodgy batch with cement in it.

To say that legalising or state control of heroin will reduce bike theft is a bit too optimistic and not the whole story or solution, but TJ has a good (if probably quite contentious round these parts) point. It seems a bit wierd to most people (especially my times-reading parents) but suprising how many professionals in the errr, ‘trade’ agree.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Smackheads don’t steal bikes, they shoplift.

Smackheads indeed do steal bikes (a lot). They will steal anything. btw a £2000 bike will be sold on quick as poss for as little as £20-£30 if the smackhead needs a hit bad enough.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘MTBers 1, Thieving chav scummers O.’ is closed to new replies.