Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • MTBers 1, Thieving chav scummers O.
  • zbonty

Yesterday i went to the station to travel for a ride with a mate. Running late i missed the 9am train by a while, grabbed a coffee etc. Went to go through the barriers for the 9.30 train just behind another ‘cyclist’ who had a strop at the gate staff who did’nt let him through (no ticket).

I then noticed his bike did’nt quite match his shellsuit/trainers as as it was a Pace/Middleburn/Hope/Spin wheeled/Spd equipped singlespeed Orange (P7) hardtail retrofest and therefore pretty niche, even by STW standards.

Now that he’d got my attention he then went to the exit barriers and tried to plead his way though without a ticket so he could catch his train so i followed him, tapped him on the shoulder and said ‘thats not your ****ing bike is it pal?’
    We proceeded to have a ‘conversation’ where i used the F and the C word alot and told him i knew exactly where it was burgled from as it came from my friend and neighbours shed last year! I had called to the station staff to call the rozzers whilst this chat was going on. Once he knew i knew the score he leant the bike against WH Smiths and said “Go on then, take it, its not worth the hassle”.
    By which time the transport police turned up and nicked him!
    The stupid moron would have got away with it if he’d have just legged it first off as i was’nt going to leave both bikes And my coffee unattended to give chase!

What a knobber!

rs
    Free Member

well done mate, hopefully it gets back to the rightful owner.

will
    Free Member

Well done 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    freeride_gear
    Free Member

sweeeet!!!

I posted on here a few months ago about my stolen Yeti ASX. Its been sighted in Kirkby, the **** that stole it is now in prison having being arrested for another burglary and admitting to mine and bragging about my bike. Of the other 3 involved one died in a police chase in Liverpool last month (very well publicised in the media) and the other 2 are in clink for other offences.

Kendal CID are well on to mine among other cases and recon its a matter of a few days before Kirkby police spot my bike and claim it back off the guy that bought it.

I cant wait! Thieving scum should all dumped in a big black pit and left to rot as far as i’m concerned, forget the social worker excuses about upbringing, boredom, area, schooling etc.

Well done for confronting the scum bag, were you not tempted to take his head off his shoulders before the transport police arrived?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Well done mate its always refreshing to hear about justice. Hope the owner gets hooked up soon 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Perhaps worth putting on Retrobike. That’s a distinctive build, someone might know about it.

Haze

Nice 🙂

Rich
    Free Member

Was it really your neighbours?

snowslave

You are a one man A Team! Nice one, this is actually quite uplifting. Where did this occur?

zbonty

The bike belongs to a friend, and its so ugly i recognized it pretty quickly, despite the green paint being stripped off and front Spin wheel missing-i guess he did’nt have a rear going spare/could’nt fathom a single speed tensioner in order to change it’s appearance enough to make i less recognizable.

Said scrote had also ditched the straight carbon bar for a riser with bar ends!

I probably should have knocked him out as i live on the same street as the real owner and was also burgled last year, but hes going to get his bike back tomorrow and i still made the 9.30 train after giving my details and had a blinding day out on he South Downs!

redthunder
    Free Member

zbonty

This happened in Reading, darn sarf, scumbag had a geordie accent though.

Kahurangi

Well done Sir. No violence gets you and extra 100 points.

theflatboy
    Free Member

top vigilanteing zorrobonty 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

Well done mate, good to see them getting caught occasionally.

Epic
    Free Member

Well done! Not enough people confront these idiots.

I was riding along the canal in Wolverhampton a few years back when two Jonny Foreigners thought they’d knock me off and try to nick my bike.

Now I’m not usually a violent person, but I stood back up with the red mist descending and hit one of them hard as I could in the face. I’m 15 stone and he was about 9 stone (skinny Phillipino/Malaysian type). He went down hard, his mate ran flat out in the opposite direction and I grabbed my bike back to carry on the commute home.

The Mrs b@ll@cked me for having a go, but I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same if it happened again.

Epic
    Free Member

Am I badged as violent now? I’m not really, honest 😈

grumm
    Free Member

sweeeet!!!

I posted on here a few months ago about my stolen Yeti ASX. Its been sighted in Kirkby, the **** that stole it is now in prison having being arrested for another burglary and admitting to mine and bragging about my bike. Of the other 3 involved one died in a police chase in Liverpool last month (very well publicised in the media) and the other 2 are in clink for other offences.

Kendal CID are well on to mine among other cases and recon its a matter of a few days before Kirkby police spot my bike and claim it back off the guy that bought it.

Are you talking about Kirkby Lonsdale? Don’t think there are any police in Kirkby any more if you are!

mingsta
    Free Member

*thumps chest* Well done that man!!!

samuri
    Free Member

I think he means Kirkby in Liverpool. Which is indeed a hot bed of thieves and degenerates.

grumm
    Free Member

Aye I thought that, but then he mentioned Kendal CID – unless there is a Kendal in Liverpool too? 😛

BluePalomino
    Free Member

This happened in Reading, darn sarf, scumbag had a geordie accent though.

Ahh that’s interesting. Reading also being a hot spot for bike theft (student town = easy & regular pickings). I had a bike stolen here too about 3 years ago. Then 12 months later i was out shopping and saw my bike leant outside a newsagent unlocked 🙂 I got on and rode home 😀 I did think about waiting for the new ‘owner’.

retro83
    Free Member

I got on and rode home

😆 😆 😆 😆

freeride_gear
    Free Member

sweeeet!!!

Are you talking about Kirkby Lonsdale? Don’t think there are any police in Kirkby any more if you are!

Kirkby as in Kirkby in Liverpool mate – Kirkby Lonsdale is a stone age community project that hasn’t yet grasped the concept of trade let alone theft.

freeride_gear
    Free Member

I think he means Kirkby in Liverpool. Which is indeed a hot bed of thieves and degenerates.

Yes, my ASX was taken to Liverpool and the guy in custody is from Northwood in Kirkby, Merseyside. His scumbag mate died in a police chase in the centre of Liverpool (condolences to his family etc but what goes around comes around) and his other two accomplices are in for other offences, he has grassed them up but they haven’t yet admitted to the Kendal spate of burglaries, just others in Grassmere, Ambeside and Preston. Kendal CID have been amazing, in part i think due to one of the guys on the case being a Scott Genius owner 😉 Sorry to get off topic but i am hoping in a few days it will be MTBers 2 Scumbags 0. Main thing is they are all accounted for and currently expressing great concern when picking the soap up in the shower. 😆

andywhit
    Free Member

LOL @ BluePalomino

enfht
    Free Member

Well done my son! This has made my day. 😀 Somewhere out there a P7-orphan will be reunited with their pride and joy.

Interesting though how TJ and RB never fail to find an excuse to explain away all of society’s problems (Thatcher et al) but remain strangley quiet when there are posts about bike thieves 😆

andywhit
    Free Member

Personally I blame Norman Tebbit

😉

enfht
    Free Member

😆

theflatboy
    Free Member

Kirkby Lonsdale is a stone age community project that hasn’t yet grasped the concept of trade let alone theft.

nice bridge for jumping off, though. 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Ah I see.

KIrkby Lonsdale is actually pretty swanky and trendy these days, sadly (used to live there).

Jumping off the bridge is indeed good fun. I only dared to do it when slightly pissed though. 😛

theflatboy
    Free Member

🙂

i went a couple of times before i had the nerve to do it, then the third time i went i was giving it the large in the car on the way there to my mate, saying how i’d done it before and that it wasn’t that bad etc. then when i got there i obviously had to just hop up and leap off so as not to give the game away!

Muke
    Free Member

Well done that man, now if you could go and recover my stolen P7 for me I would be most happy.

Gruff
    Free Member

sweet!

toby1

Years ago I spotted a mates nicked lavadome being ridden down the main road in town (on the pavement) I was driving, so quickly u-turned and started following the guy he sussed it and panicked, I gave cash, had to do a slightly bizarre manouver over a piece of payment but he ended up getting away. Turns out he was easily recognisable and had bought it off someone for a ‘suspiciously cheap’ price. I don’t thnk the original owner ever got it back but the insurance upgrade made up for that. Still wish I had actually caught him though.

Good work on the salvage, especially for a P7, I have a soft spot for them!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

nteresting though how TJ and RB never fail to find an excuse to explain away all of society’s problems (Thatcher et al) but remain strangley quiet when there are posts about bike thieves

Mate, seriously, get a life, and stop worrying about what I, TJ, or anyone else thinks. It’s a forum. Do you know what the word means? You seem to be obsessed with me. Half your posts are to slag me off. Sad.

I’ve had bikes nicked. It’s horrible; that sinking feeling, where you return to the spot where you left it, only to find an empty space.

And the real shame is, that you just know it will be sold off, within a short time, to fund the thief’s drug habit or whatever.

Where I live, local scrotes see it as a challenge, to niche as bling a bike as possible. Being an inner city area, with a fair amount of poverty, it’s riddled with crime. Poverty is not an excuse for crime, but it’s an explanation. Kids see stuff that is way beyond their expectation, and which is relatively easy to nick. With Canary Wharf nearby, there’s a fair number of nice bikes around. The local trade in stolen bikes is huge. There are many willing buyers, to take the stuff off thieves’ hands. £1000 bike for £100 or less? Too tempting for many, to consider the impact of this cime, on the original owner.

As for the ‘bleeding heart Liberal’ bit; most of the scrotes who nick bikes, have no sense of the value of things, beyond money. Their own lives and meagre possessions aren’t valued in a greedy, selfish society, so they in turn place no human value on anything. I am not defending or justifying this behaviour, merely trying to understand it. something that the likes of enfht might want to try. Understanding others, instead of sitting behind your twitching curtains, blaming everyone but yourself, for all life’s ills.

Bike theft is nasty, and has a far greater impact on the victim, than a lot of other crimes. The loss of a cherished possession, the loss of your mobility, your freedom, the blow to your means of having fun, and enjoying life. It’s **** horrible. And you just want to rip the thieving ****’s head off and shit down their neck. Such anger is perfectly understandable. Acting beyond meting out proportionate retribution, is unacceptable, and lowers you as a human being.

People who do not respect others property should suffer appropriate punishment. Sadly, the Law and her agents seldom seem to bring justice, to the victims of crime. It really boils my piss, to see some nasty, sneering, arrogant little **** on someone else’s nice bike. They jolly well have not worked hard for it, and they don’t even appreciate it, most of the time. There was a kid on a Principia recently; I doubt he had any idea at all, of how much the thing was worth. Look clipless pedals, with trainers…

Understanding the theives is a step towards protecting your pride and joy. Why do they want to nick your bike? Because it’s a status symbol; a signifier of wealth and power. Same as a posh mobile, bling jewellery, flash cars, etc. And what do we get bombarded with, every time we turn on our tellies? Adverts for such status symbols.

So, it’s hardly surprising, that those who lack the means to have nice things, yet still desire them, will try underhand ways of getting them. Nice middle-class kids from affluent areas, don’t go round nicking bikes. They don’t ‘need’ to.

So, protect yourself from the frustration and greed of others. Use f-off big locks, keep it out of sight, or use an old hack to do the shopping/go down the gym/leave outside the station.

hugorune

christ rude boy, you got no work to do? That’s quite a post.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Kill them.

Olly
    Free Member

wheres drew?
    i seem to remember he saw his brothers bike locked up at a station, so put another lock around it and sat and waited for the “new owner” to come back.

yay for justice

freeride_gear
    Free Member

Dave Vanderspek – Member
    Kill them.

That would be the ideal. Try to understand them? Empathise with them? F@~k that, i started life in a similar situation to where a lot of them have (the scrotes that nick bikes that is) and i got off my arse, didn’t turn to nicking bikes and moaning about being jobless and bored, went out to work and built myself a better life. If they cant be bothered to do the same then they aren’t worth the space they occupy. Lazy, thieving, dirty scum.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘MTBers 1, Thieving chav scummers O.’ is closed to new replies.