• This topic has 21 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • MTB trousers for short fat people
  • geologist
    Free Member

Comfortably im a 34 inch waist and wear a 30 inch leg length (so normally this is 34S), however all the MTB trousers ive tried that fit my waist seem to have legs that are far too long.
    Does anyone know of any that may fit me ?

Thanks

doomanic

Title of thread and content of thread do not compute…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Really long shorts?

and if you think a 34″ waist is fat, you clearly haven’t been around here very long 😀

geologist
    Free Member

Haha – its seems to be that way according to the trouser manufactures. I need to be 6ft to make 34 inch waist trousers fit my legs (im 5ft7).

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Suddenly I feel tall and slim (real world = I’m neither). Also interested in this, feel like I’m getting cold/ covered in sh*t of late that could perhaps be avoided…

towzer

Don’t get trousers, do 3/4 shorts and long socks (waterproof ones in winter)
    Signed the voice of experience.

scotroutes

I’m not sure what makes trousers “MTB trousers” but you might want to look at Keela Roadrunners. They are available in various waist/leg lengths.

jaylittle
    Free Member

These are pretty accommodating and have elasticated ankles.
    No stock at the moment but they seem to get them in on a regular basis.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/am-trail-mtb-pants/_/R-p-309674

Simwit

I too am afflicted with short legs (shorter than yours) & I’ve found the Nukeproof Blackline trousers to be very good.

mjsmke

30 inch leg

You are not short.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Indeed, try 27.5″ inside leg. We won’t discuss my waist.

clubby

Also 30” inside legs, won’t mention my waist size. Been very happily wearing Fox Defend Fire “pants” and the leg length is perfect for me. Fleecy lined and water resistant.

stevemorg2

Try Keela – Roadrunners come in a number of size options

argee

Same as me, i use endura hummvee trousers, work a treat.

Northwind

Worth checking out the Madison DTEs- they’re great quality, I really like mine but the sizing is probably more suitable for someone of your dimensions than mine. I went for medium but at about a 30 inch waist the adjustment isn’t enough to cinch to fit me… But my 31 inch leg is a little too long for them. The size guide on the website is absolute bollocks frankly but I reckon your waist will be in the right range for a medium, and the legs pretty much to “top of shoe” depending on where you have them sit on your waist. The calf is tighter than it should be but livable with.

Fitment aside I think they’re awesome tbh- waterproof, breathable, space for proper kneepads (not perfect, but better than most), and I just chuck ’em in the washing machine (they don’t like bio soap apparently but otherwise machine wash at 30 degrees- IMO anything that can’t be machine washed isn’t really mountain biking kit, “OMG you got it dirty? You maniac!) Basically all in all they don’t really fit me but I’ve stuck with them because everything else is so good.

jkomo

I like a bit of extra length.
    To give a bit more shoe coverage.

geologist
    Free Member

Thanks Everyone, ill order some of the Keelas.

belugabob
    Free Member

You need to try being 6 feet tall, with a 36 inch waist and a 29 inch inside leg.

“Awkward finding clothes to fit” doesn’t even cover it

konanige

I have a38 inch waist and 29 inch leg (to match my wheel size bro) and 36inch waist (also matching fork size dude) Fox Ranger pants fit absolutely perfect.

jimmy

@geologist – I’m a 32S and ordered the Keelas. They fit very well, I just wasn’t convinced they’d last long after a few gritty rides. My intended use for them would have them caked in mud. See what you think.

Northwind

jkomo

I like a bit of extra length.
    To give a bit more shoe coverage.

Aye, exactly this! I don’t get why this isn’t obvious tbh. But mine have not just short legs, but also fairly tight ends on them so they just barely fit over my boots. And that’s at the most open setting- but they have velcro adjusters. Why make the leg so tight and then also give it adjustment?

For riding trousers, being an inch over length is pretty much just as good as being the perfect size

iainc

if you haven’t ordered the Keela ones yet I have a pair of unworn brand new 34S ones sitting here, £50 posted. I am similar dimensions to you but they are a bit short for me !

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘MTB trousers for short fat people’ is closed to new replies.