Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • mtb things to do in Fort bill, apart from WC track
  • fingerbang
    Free Member

hi, im planning on going fort bill in august for a couple of days. Im riding nevis range dh during the day but this time I’ve got space for my trail bike.

so instead of hitting the booze after a day at nevis range I’d like to do some trail riding as there are hours to kill after the gondola shuts (although I know how shagged out you can be after the wc track)and i’ll be on my own probably

what are your recommendations? Id rather go natural instead of witches trails or laggan

I’d also love to do an MTB wild camp odyssey starting from fort bill if its worth it – although this will eat into my DH time.

my missus has allowed me 3 days to get my fix before returning to our mainstream camping holiday in Northumberland 🙁

euain

The Tour de Nevis course takes in some great scenery.

Alternatively go and play at Kinlochleven for some great trails? Or Glencoe over to Kinlochleven on the West Highland Way?

I’m sure there’s a load of other natural trails within a short ride/drive – but I don’t know them, I’ll let others add those.

Northwind

There’s a fair amount of other riding at nevis range, mostly waymarked. Unfortunately there’s some utter crap too- the waymarked 10UTB route is terrible. But with a little mapreading you can do a combined world cup xc/good bits out of 10UTB loop, and fit in the blue crane descent which is unmarked but easy to follow. More or less what the scottish enduro series did this year in fact. It’s kind of a pain in the bum to put it all together but there’s definitely a decent day’s riding to be done.

Then, go to kinlochleven, have a google for the dudes of hazard enduro stages- really is fantastic there, some of the best riding you could hope for.

euain

Actually, should have included some links in my reply..

Dudes enduro trails in Kinlochleven

Tour de Nevis

fingerbang
    Free Member

brilliant thanks,

I’ll try and get an extra day (or two) out there: just say that the A85 is blocked or something 🙂

glasgowdan
    Free Member

There are no cool natural trails nearby. Move along!

thegreatape
    Free Member

What glasgowdan said 😉

matt_outandabout

Nowt to do near Fort Wiliam, nowt at all.

richmtb

Unfortunately there’s some utter crap too- the waymarked 10UTB route is terrible.

Aye about a mile of decent single track plus 9 miles of the shittiest fire road slogs imaginable.

There is actually some half decent singletrack in the forest at the foot of the Nevis range though, you just need to use a bit of imagination to put it together.

But as other have said there is plenty more nearby.

If you are desperate for decent waymarked trails then Laggan Wolftrax isn’t far either

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘mtb things to do in Fort bill, apart from WC track’ is closed to new replies.