MTB social event in Swindon tomorrow (Fri 22nd June) aka "Laps and baps".

Home Forum Bike Forum MTB social event in Swindon tomorrow (Fri 22nd June) aka "Laps and baps".

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MTB social event in Swindon tomorrow (Fri 22nd June) aka "Laps and baps".
  • Premier Icon Lakes_Puma
    Subscriber

Sounds great, I’ll be there!

Premier Icon Mr Agreeable
    Subscriber

Excellent name. 😀

Trying to get my mate Chair who’s working in Swindon to go along. If you see a hyperactive 7-foot tall bloke with a terrible teenage haircut, riding everything flat out on a rigid singlespeed, it’s probably him.

tomstickland

Social night with BBQ, Swindon Coffee gang and a bit of riding.
    Friday 22nd June at the Croft Trail in Swindon.

Event info

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

Laps and Baps, quite a good name for a club …

Haha, i always thought “the woods behind nationwide in Swindon” was a joke, didn’t realise there actualy was a trail!

Premier Icon Mr Agreeable
    Subscriber

The original “woods behind Nationwide” trail wasn’t up to much apparently, but the new trail is rather good. It’s ~1 mile but manages to pack in loads of berms, rollers, ladder bridges and rock gardens. And they’ve recently extended it. I reckon every town centre in the UK should have something similar.

http://www.mbswindon.co.uk/croft-trail/croft-photo-gallery/

trb

Ahh, and here I am sitting at my desk about a mile away. I knew the trails were there but never knew the club existed!

Would love to join you but Mrs trb is out tonight so I have to look after the little trbs.

I may bring little trb down one friday in the summer hols though (if his mum will let him stay out late)

fourbanger

I might just pop along.

davesmate

The “woods behind nationwide” is a bit misleading. It’s in Croft park opposite the entramce to nationwide, to me it’s more like “the woods in front of nationwide”. The trail is approximately 3 mile long, if you rode it 3 years ago and didn’t think much of it come and try it out again, you might be pleasantly surprised.

davesmate

Oh, and I agree with Mr A. Every town in the UK should have something similar!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MTB social event in Swindon tomorrow (Fri 22nd June) aka "Laps and baps".’ is closed to new replies.