MTB routes/trails in Fife?

Home Forum Bike Forum MTB routes/trails in Fife?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB routes/trails in Fife?
  • jekkyl

The lomonds are 2 hills close together, that’ll be a little drive from you, look northwest of glenrothes, you could combine a trip up n doon both of them and then over to loch leven for a scenic ride. OR the fife coastal path I’ve heard is good but not ridden myself.

I have the good fortune to be moving to Strathkinness at the end of this month, and one thing that’s always bothered me about the east end of Fife has been it’s apparent flatness. The wife’s parents live in St Andrews and I’ve been there a couple of times with the road bike, but never really seen anything to set my heart aflutter when it comes to offroad stuff. Is there anything within riding distance of Strathkinness, or am I best off heading towards Stirling/Dundee for my offroad fix?

Premier Icon grey
    Subscriber

+1 for the coastal path especially the part from Shell Bay to Earlsferry. Pitmedden Forest at Muchty has loads of trails, well worth visiting, just Youtube it.

Premier Icon househusband
    Subscriber

We’ll be a couple of miles away from each other; currently Ceres but Peat Inn in mid-September. I’m gradually exploring and finding bits here and there.

Pitmedden has lots to offer, as has the Lomond Hills above Glenrothes – there’s a couple of quite active clubs in Fife; MukyRiderz (Glenrothes) and Meedies.

Premier Icon mr_stru
    Subscriber

There’s some stuff in the woods between Blebo and Kemback which does for a quick blast, although it gets pretty grim over winter. As others have said Pitmedden’s got loads of stuff but is something of a maze. Then a bit further afield there’s supposed to be some good stuff in the Sidlaws by Dundee and I think out the back of Perth has stuff too.

Otherwise there’s little patches here and there but it is mostly just bits and pieces that are hard to link up due to it being all farms.

The road riding is good though 🙂

whatnobeer

The woods at Kemback/Blebo are where the Uni club tends to ride when they’re not away doing proper hills. Some decent stuff there, most of it short and fairly steep, but good for a couple of hours a week.

The first sections in the woods of this are all shot there:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uts6cKexfDA[/video]

Some easy trails in the woods down at Tentsmuir too.

Other than that its jump in the car time to the places mentioned above.

Dawnrazor

As the others ave said. Lots of stuff and loops that can be put together all around. Kemback, Cupar mount, Lomonds and Glenrothes, Pitmedden, Largo, Leven, Kennoway, Howe of Fife.. so many trails 🙂

mcmoonter

Dont forget Benarty Hill and Blairadam.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MTB routes/trails in Fife?’ is closed to new replies.