Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • MTB riding near West Thurrock anyone?
  • yorkshire89
    Free Member

Does anybody know of any good MTB riding in this area? Im staying just above the dartford crossing with work. I have stayed in Dartford before and went to Joysden wood, Dartford heath and the cyclecross centre in Gravesend but this time I’m over the other side of the river…

Aston hill and chicksands seem to be the closest trail centre’s but are a bit far to travel, although i may visit one on friday on the way home.

Cheers

tinsy
    Free Member

You could give Grips cycles in Brentwood a ring, they used to do a weekday evening ride in Thorndon which is pretty close, worth a look on your own but better if your shown around.

There is some evening XC race action to be had too, but not much of the series left.

http://www.sip-events.co.uk/beastway-home.html

robnav
    Free Member

youre not that far from epping forest in a car or if you want something a little bit more extreme you could try warley gap at brentwood for some dh/jumps, but you may have to check whether its invite only, you may be expected to help with some digging.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Thanks Tinsy, i doubt i would be able to keep up in a race tbh! Sounds good though i might pop along and watch. Will try grips too 🙂

Robnav i will try and find out, do you know if warley gap have a website? How difficult are the downhills? I’m only on my hardtail, but can handle some of the easier stuff!

I ended uo going for a ride straight from my hotel ver towards Belhus park along the national cycle routes, bit flat though! Will try and sort something better out for tomorrow night.

spursn17
    Free Member

If you ride into the woods (Brannetts woods) on the other side of the river (the Mardyke) from Davy Down you can amuse yourself in there for an hour or so, then find the path at the top next to the M25 that takes you on to Stifford Road from Hangman’s Woods. From there chuck a left to the roundabout then in through the gate and head up the other side of the M25 into Belhus Country Park.

You can easily do 20 miles or so if you zigzag about a bit, it is a bit flat though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘MTB riding near West Thurrock anyone?’ is closed to new replies.