Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Mtb Rides 1 Hour From Leicestershire
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Hi guys

Need some quick help, any decent riding within an hour of the heart of England? Got a free morning/early afternoon and fancy a different ride to my local. Would prefer nice wildish rides like long mynd but open to trail centres if I have to.

Anyone done the east midlands route on the trail guide of this page?

Cheers me ducks

muddyfool

Anyone done the east midlands route on the trail guide of this page?

No, but have had it bookmarked for ages and have been meaning to try it while its dry, let me know if you’re up for it 🙂

Can’t really suggest anything local except the obvious woods and trail centres…

schmiken

Yep, it’s ok but not wonderful. Alright for a blast.

TooTall
    Free Member

Fineshades Wood? Wakerley Woods? Loads of new stuff over there since I used to ride the area.

cnud
    Free Member

Belvoir Loop ok for a bimble

jekkyl

I’m gonna do that east mids route next Saturday.

If you mean an hours drive, you could just about get to Ambergate/Cromford/Matlock for some absolutely cracking riding.

schmiken

Whereabouts are you Scandal – I could probably show you some stuff you haven’t ridden before?

iain1775
    Free Member

Eastridge, not sure if its an hour away though
    Cromford, Black Rocks
    Ticknall route is ok for a bimble, pixies have been busy in Robin Woods this year
    The other east mods route south of Nottingham prob not worth bothering with IMO

ruffride
    Free Member

I heard robins has some new extras where are you from Iain

MrTall
    Free Member

Is the Wyre forest too far away?

Great riding in there and all natural stuff but maybe the wrong side of brum for you (depending where you are in Leicestershire).

scandal42
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, some places mentioned I didn’t know about so very helpful for the coming weeks.

schmiken, I would be well up for some guidance some time, where are you based? I’m in Whitwick but can drive so location not an issue (within reason)

Think I may attempt the long East Midlands route today but got to study the route some more to actually understand where I’m going. MuddyFool you are more than welcome to join?

Thanks chaps

schmiken

I’m in Loughborough, so not that far. I’ll drop you a line to organise some riding at some point.

tomfun

Good god man, do not travel from Leicester to ride at Fineshade or Wakerley!

maxtorque

Woburn is an hr down the M1, and has some pretty good techy stuff hidden away in the backwoods

iain1775
    Free Member

Ruffride
    I’m Derby, was in Littleover but just moved to Chellaston so Robin and Ticknall now local rides straight from my doorstep – via Chellaston brickworks 🙂
    Scandal, can show you some extensions and better ways to ride Ticknall loop sometime if you fancy, I wi try to get down to the evening rides on the other thread sometime too

scandal42
    Free Member

Well I attempted it on Sunday, later than I should have really as I got lost / took wrong turns every time it was possible 🙂

Must admit the route takes you through Robin Woods but takes you agonisingly past some lovely looking trails, next time I may just have a play in there on the way round.

Despite only getting half done I really enjoyed the ride actually, the weather was nice and apart from a few horse riders there was little traffic on the route, also saw a group of about 8 wild deer running through a poppy field.

iain it would be awesome to get a bit of guiding some time, thanks for the offer, Ticknall is a decent base for a ride, a few nice drinking options post trek 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Fineshades Wood? Wakerley Woods? Loads of new stuff over there since I used to ride the area.

Fineshades/Wakerley is ok but not worth traveling far for. The main loop would be ok if it ever dried out but each time I’ve been there have been bits that just don’t dry out and it’s proper sticky mud. Fun for a quick flat singletrack blast though. Personally I’d rather save the petrol/driving time and go out on my road bike instead 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

was up there yesterday, Wakerley that is, and it’s a bit of a mess at the moment.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Mtb Rides 1 Hour From Leicestershire’ is closed to new replies.