• This topic has 32 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by BigM.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • MTB flat pedals for big feet?
  • applesandoranges23
    Free Member

Any good suggestions for mtb flat pedals for my wide size 10/1/2’s?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Vaults or Burgtec penthouse

keithyr
    Free Member

Tried loads but best ones for my size 12s are the deity Tmacs.
    Got them on both bikes now.

jler1985

Crank bro stamp – large

TomB

Very pleased with my new Shimano saints- size 12 feet

Moe

I’ve just switched my Saints which were fine to new XT’s which are a bigger platform. Not tried them yet but will report back.

binman

I settled on Nukeproof Horizons, but are many that I haven’t tried.

TheGhost
    Free Member

TMacs here too.

Burgtecs are only suitable for children sized feet. 🙂

Poopscoop

Burgtec penthouse composite, I’ve got a used once set going on the classifieds soon.👍😉

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

If you’ve genuinely wide feet then hard to ignore the stamp 7 in large.

The burgtecs really didn’t feel big enough for me (UK11 Five Tens).

davewalsh
    Free Member

Nukeproof Horizons are my favourite (size 11 wide).

poltheball
    Free Member

Size uk14 here, albeit relatively long and thin. Never had any issues with Superstar Nanos/Carboncycle/Nukeproof pedals (all roughly the same design).

applesandoranges23
    Free Member

Burgtec penthouse composite, I’ve got a used once set going on the classifieds soon.👍😉

Posted 21 minutes ago

What colour mate (providing they still have paint lol)

duncancallum

Super star.

modchop
    Free Member

Another vote for the Stamp in large here (size 11, wide feet, using 5:10 Freeriders).

Poopscoop

@applesandoranges23

Black composite. So “paint” not an issue as you allude to.lol 😉

tomfun

Size 12 here and another +1 for the Crank Bros stamp but don’t get the stamp 1 composite as you’ll be replacing them very soon like me.

pigyn
    Free Member

The biggest of the big 🤣🤣

Chromag Dagga Pedal Black

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Crank bros? Er, naw. I’ve given enough money to their rolling R&D philosophy.

LAT

Daggas are massive. Be aware that the pins are massive, too. You may want a bag of the normal pins if you purchase.

chevychase

DMR Vaults. Size 13 5-10s.

jamesoz

Super star Nano work well for me, size 11-12 feet depending on shoe (wide feet).

submarined
    Free Member

10.5 5:10s here, Superstar Nanos work for me.

zezaskar
    Free Member

Size 11.5 here, on 5 10 Impacts to make things worse. Currently using Nukeproof Horizons SH, I love them but they are on the verge of feeling small.

I think the main issue with pedals for big feet is that, even with a large platform, they tend to still have narrow Q factors and sit very close to the crank. You can have a huge platform, but if it is right next to the crank you’ll be wasting real estate.

I once tried some L Stamps and I wasn’t using a good portion of the inside of the pedal

eddiebaby
    Free Member

OneUp.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Superstar nanos – I took a pair off my bike as they were too big for my size 45 feet.

ampthill

Size 12 and Vaults here

But with sriff shoes or boots I didn’t tend to feel the size of the pedal

applesandoranges23
    Free Member

Thanks for reply, after careful consideration I went with the Crank Bros stamp 7 but was very close between them deity Tmacs. I do love Shimano I just felt the reviews of the Crank Bros were excellent for my style of riding. Thanks all

Moe

I have given the XT’s a quick ride and the are definitely an improvement on the saints, time will tell how durable they are.

applesandoranges23
    Free Member

I have given the XT’s a quick ride and the are definitely an improvement on the saints, time will tell how durable they are.

They should hold up great being Shimano,:)

Bigmantrials

Crank Brothers large are great, although i did find the pins to be a little on the short side so I picked up some longer ones of ebay. Some of the best pedals I have had now, I prefer them to the DMR Vaults I had previously.

dlr

@poltheball what shoes do you use? I am a 13 but wide so the only shoes that vaguely fit are the Mavic flats which are OK but not much grip. 510s used to be ok 5+ years ago before they made them narrow like all other shoes. Tried everything I can find on the market so far!

Pedal wise I use Superstar nano things, quite wide and cheapish

poltheball
    Free Member

@dlr sorry, missed this. I’m nursing along an ancient pair of 5-10s, not sure what I’ll do when they finally die…

BigM
    Free Member

DMR Vaults, size 13 feet. Nice and wide, comfy on long descents where you’re standing for ages.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘MTB flat pedals for big feet?’ is closed to new replies.