Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • MTB on BBC1 tonight / was it someone from here?
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero – Member

I ride alone in remote areas all the time. My first aid kit consists of a roll of PVC tape.

Is that to tape the sheep’s rear legs together to stop them kicking?

😉

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

You could of strapped the guys nuts up with yer gaffa tape 🙂 Not sure he would enjoy taking it back off again though.

Just a quick mention regarding them antiseptic wipes you get in first aid kits. They are neither use nor ornament if you have a substantial bleeding gash. On two occasions recently i have ended up with piles of blood covered wipes which have made little to no difference to a messy, bloody wound. On one occasion i mentioned this to a medically trained pal and he said that as they have alcohol in them they will not ‘soak’ up any of the blood. So i am out on the trail, i have a bloody gash on my arm which is pumping out blood and the wipes are making no difference at all. I decided to ride for 10mins and low & behold the blood clotted and the wound stopped bleeding enough to get me back. I suppose a bandage or plaster may have kept the crap out but no more so than an extra layer of clothing. I think letting the air at it helped it clot.

The second one, well i ran my bloody leg under a running tap and job sorted 🙂

My wife suggested knee and elbow pads. But thats another conversation….

0range5

Funniest thread in ages!

anotherdeadhero – Member

I ride alone in remote areas all the time. My first aid kit consists of a roll of PVC tape.

I know people who's bike toolkit is some gaffer tape, but this is the 1st time I've heard of it being a complete 1st aid kit!
    Met someone who uses it to keep climbing gear in place…

glenh
    Free Member

Give over you lot. Mountain biking isn't a particularly dangerous sport.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘MTB on BBC1 tonight / was it someone from here?’ is closed to new replies.