Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • MTB off road only rides, Lincolnshire South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire EAST
  • sydney
    Free Member

I’m looking for alternative MTB rides to Clumber Park and Sherwood Pines more in the Lincolnshire area if possible.

I will not go on the road; so it has to be all off road would be best to the East of Doncaster if anyone can help.

Also if anyone knows of an “MTB, off road only” routes website ?

It seems a lot of rides are a long drive away and/or involve some road work so I’m looking for a shorter drive and longer on the bike ride.

benji
    Free Member

Ordnance Survey map and the lincolnshire wolds are fairly plesant and the small pieces of road you use are in the main deserted.

creaser
    Free Member

Some nice routes around the don valley area with hardly any road work , I’m in Thorne , nothing around here but my local rides are in the don valley area

gar69
    Free Member

Sorry to highjack this thread but i,m sat in Thorne at the moment which is the flattest place ever.. Creaser where do you start your rides in the don valley please

sydney
    Free Member

Hello gar69, I used to go to “Hexthorpe Park” (google it) and pick up the river Don path heading west, think it makes up the Pennine way but not sure

sydney
    Free Member

Just remembered you have to cross the other side of the Don but there is a disused railway crossing

gar69
    Free Member

That’s great thanks Sydney …. near Cusworth hall…. Ah school trips many years ago!

creaser
    Free Member

Yea Thorne is as flat as a pancake, I usually start at the boat inn at Sprotborough follow the trans Pennine trail before turning off , bridkeways ans single track nothing too exciting but steady climbs and some nice sections

gar69
    Free Member

Thanks creaser look forward to giving it a go on my next visit home

sydney
    Free Member

Anyone been to Laughton Forest near Gainsborough?

bighendo
    Free Member

yeh its up the road from me, its just flat though
    ok for an hour or 2
    just lately we`ve been to LadyBower area

sydney
    Free Member

Thanks bighendo, where is the best place to start the Laughton ride?

scunny
    Free Member

Theres a ‘Trail Centre’ in Grasby.

bighendo
    Free Member

there is an easy to find entrance on the A159,
    said entrance is directly opposite a company that makes sheds,
    map in link……
    Link to A.B.Creasy
    park up there, or drive on through to the opposite side (car park),

benji
    Free Member

Theres a ‘Trail Centre’ in Grasby

It’s more disused quarry with a few trails round it, it’s ok for an hour blast round and round, but it soon gets boring. It’s a funny one as well for grip.

sydney
    Free Member

Thanks very much for the info bighendo

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘MTB off road only rides, Lincolnshire South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire EAST’ is closed to new replies.