Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • MTB lumenator light help.
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all.

I have a Lumenator and thinks its great, however due to having weak wrists I am struggling to fit and remove the light from my bars as the rubber mount is very tight.

Do you know if any of the universal bar clamp mounts fit this light ??

Thanks

Steve

jam-bo

isnt it supplied with two different length o-rings. use the longer one…

nbt

I guess that *most* light fittings will fit – just replace the bracket on the light using a standard bolt. e.g.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-universal-handlebar-mount/rp-prod23533?_$ja=tsid:46412|cgn:Hope+-+Lights|cn:Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE|kw:72337UK_Hope+Universal+Handlebar+Mount&gclid=CI_S-9vq0roCFVMdtAodCDoA7w

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nbt

If you use the longer one, it’s not tight enough. I use the shorter one on my oversize bars to get it nice and tight and less prone to revolving at each bump

onandon
    Free Member

The hope mount is very good. I’ve used it on a few of my lights over the years and it’s always been easy to adjust or remove/ fit.

They cost around £8.00 crc
    Click here

renton
    Free Member

Mine only came with one rubber mount as I bought it secondhand.

I have just found an old lumicycle bar mount but it’s for 25.4 bars!!!

simonjj
    Free Member

Fitted mine using a Hope universal mount as mentioned above some pics in this thread:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/talk-to-me-about-trail-lights/page/2

Then added a KCNC bar adaptor to clear the cables:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/light-mount

RustyMac

renton, you can buy the dog bone link for your lumicycle clamp for about £4
    http://www.lumicycle.com/accessories/brackets/link-for-large-q-r.html

I have used a lumicycle mount on my bastid for the last 18 months or so and it has been spot on.

Rich
    Free Member

I have an old Lumicycle bar mount, and use it on oversize bars by fitting it to one side next to the brake lever.

Not ideal but it works.

smudge
    Free Member

Renton,

Email me with your address and I will pop a couple of diferent size O-Rings in the post to you that it is normally supplied with.

nbt

Ta rusty, have got a couple of old lumi mounts so will grab some of those

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get it on yer barnet, where it should be! 😉

renton
    Free Member

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Going to dig out the lumicycle mount again and if it fits I will order the dogbone link for it, failing that I will order the hope one.

Smudge… thanks for your offer and thanks for the email earlier(if it was you that replied to your website email I sent!) but my wrists and hands are that Shagged in the cold weather Im going to stick with a proper bar mount.

I may however be on contact about a battery if you can recommend a suitable one for the light !!

cheers

Steve

renton
    Free Member

Right just as an update…

Ive managed to get the extra bit from lumicycle for my mount and it now fits on my bars.

The trouble Im having now is that the bolt that holds a lumi can to the mount is to big for the hole in the bottom of my Lumenator light.

Also the bolt that connects the lumenator to its rubber band bar mount isnt really long enough to secure the light to the lumicycle mount.

Can anyopne suggest a suitable bolt to use please!!

Cheers

Steve

stevede
    Free Member

Not much help to the OP but i bought the hope universal mount on the back of this thread and it bolted straight on, really pleased with it.

dantsw13

There was a thread on here a year or so ago about using the Hope Universal mount with Magicshines too. The concensus was that a longer bolt was required.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘MTB lumenator light help.’ is closed to new replies.