Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • MTB Jacket
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Well, £100 seems so much better 🙂

Where did you capture it from for that money?

It looks very short on the front in this video

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mntAhlVSZo[/video]

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I bought an Altura Night Vision Evo from Evans, it’s waterproof, but it’s about as breathable as a bin bag. It’s crap, I tried to take it back but they wouldn’t have it. That was £90 wasted!

I had an Endura Venturi before which was way more breathable, I like the look of that MT500.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Madison Telegraph is lovely! I’ve had one for at least two winters, it’s warm but vented, well sealed, waterproof in most circumstances 🙂
    The hood is detatchable so works well on or off the bike.

bonesetter
    Free Member

It seems ‘waterproof’ really means high sweat

cookeaa

There’s not really any such thing as “breathable waterproof” but waterproof with good ventilation does exist.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Reluctant – Member
    Madison Telegraph is lovely! I’ve had one for at least two winters, it’s warm but vented, well sealed, waterproof in most circumstances
    The hood is detatchable so works well on or off the bike.

The Stellar has taken over from the Telegraphe – have you come across one or know how they stack up against each other?

Reluctant
    Free Member

Haven’t seen a Stellar, sorry. Looking at on-line info though, it’s not really very similar. Has no mesh lining, no hood and the cut looks much more “bikey”. And only seems to come in very bright colours as opposed to the dark gloomy hues of the Telegraph.

zero-cool
    Free Member

The GF picked up a Berghaus Goretex Active jacket yesterday at Bridgend Outlet village for £60. Most likely better built than most MTB specific companies. They had a range of colours. The cheapest I could find he guys version was £80.

Also had some really good looking WindStopper gillets for £30

Tom KP

jimmy

Don’t know if it’s new but I noticed an endura singletrack jacket in the shop last week, looks like their version of the altura hooded jacket and very tidy too. £100 seems decent.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Reluctant – thanks for that. Helpful.

I’m liking the idea of the mesh liner now you mention it

Looking at all the ‘waterproof’ non-meshed jackets I can’t help thinking thick rain mac boil in the bag

bonesetter
    Free Member

So, I ordered the Madison Zenith and the Roam to decide

The Zenith is a softshell. Pretty regular MTB jacket which I have a couple of

The Roam, which after asking Madison, supersedes the Telegraphe is quite different

Its outer is much more outdoor jacket like – more medium weight, and heavier weight than the obviously the Zenith. It also has a mesh liner which weights things up a little more.

The outer would weather the odd incursion with a thorn bush/brambles/fall just fine I’m sure. It’s waterproof with a hood and rated as very breathable, which it feels like it is

It packed down into my backpack fine, and was welcome post ride sitting having a pub drink

All in all – exactly what I was after – took some finding mind

So, if you’re after a post ride jacket, take a look at the Madison Roam 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘MTB Jacket’ is closed to new replies.