Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • MTB Insurance – Theft
  • couchy
    Free Member

Looking to insure my bikes and the companies I’ve looked at so far seem to give vague answers to theft cover if the bike is taken from you whilst out riding, most seem to offer theft only when the bike has an approved lock. Can anyone recommend a company that definitely covers theft if the bike is taken from you whilst out riding ?, thanks

LMT
    Free Member

Don’t use John Lewis they won’t pay out as I discovered. I’m now using admiral who I called and asked the direct question and was told yes it’s covered. Also use direct line for my eeb it’s expensive but again was told I was covered if this happened.

From my other thread I lost a bike this way, I explained to both insurers what had happened and why I was moving from JL and both admiral and direct line incredibly helpful.

couchy
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply, yeah I saw your thread and a couple of others on FB so thought I’d check. Sorry to hear about yours.

mjsmke

If they tell you it’s covered, record them telling you so you have proof for when they say they didn’t say that.

monkeyboyjc

Bikmo will cover for almost all circumstances, out and about, racing etc – it’ll cost more than using a home insurance provider though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘MTB Insurance – Theft’ is closed to new replies.