Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB Honeymoon
  • mahowlett
    Free Member

My very generous father in law has given us some cash for a honeymoon, it’s waaay more than we’d normally spend, normally we just take the van round the country for a couple of weeks and stick the bikes on the top. So we’d like to do something special, so a week or so’s mountain biking, not too fussed about high end hotels, but decent food and amazing scenery are required. We’ve both ridden most of the trail centres in the uk, so we’re ok with the xc end of enduro 🙂 and happy to make sure we’re fit enough in time. Any one done anything like this? has anyone got any suggestions? No great rush, looking to book next year.

wallop

If you want decent food, look no further than White Room MTB over in Sainte Foye (French Alps). Best food ever (I think Matt used to to work with Heston). Oh and the riding is pretty hot, too!

tomhoward

We’re having 10 days in whistler, then another 10 in the rest of BC. Can’t wait.

jeff

I did a week driving an open top hire car round Switzerland/Italy/France, then a week biking in Morzine. Dumped bikes at left luggage in Geneva for the week.

Booked hotels and chalets ourselves, took the slowest/windiest roads we could find.

mahowlett
    Free Member

Not sure about sorting it all myself, I’d hate to go somewhere amazing then miss all the good trails….

Whistler would be cool, is Moab worth it for a week of riding?

vmgscot

Couple of ideas….

Denver, Grand Junction, Fruita, Moab

or

Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler

benp1

Go somewhere special that you wouldn’t normally go to, it’s your honeymoon!

New Zealand? South Africa?

AlexSimon

Whistler, Squamish and Vancouver Island would definitely fit all bills.

Or Basque MTB with a few days in Bilbao/Santander Food is meant to be incredible in Santander.

Or Yes, Moab, Fruita and the Grand Canyon. Only down side is Americans. Avoid Vegas unless you know it suits.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MTB Honeymoon’ is closed to new replies.