Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MTB hols insurance?
  • Anna-B
    Free Member

I need to get insurance for my trip to Alps, to include all the usual (airlift hospital etc) and also bike. Went to local brokers a couple of days ago, and was told all the usual providers don’t cover the bike, but that she would look into it and call me back. She didn’t, so before I go to a different one later on today, I wondered if anyone can recommend a company that will cover bike also?

Thanks 🙂

bigdaddy

Try Dogtag…

FuzzyWuzzy

Worth checking your home contents to, M&S Premier for example will cover worldwide.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kevtoo
    Free Member

InsureandGo might also do it- I usually get my snowboarding cover through them and they do cover off-piste for that. They seems to be quite geared towards activity/adventure type holidays and their higher end cover might well include bikes.

FG
    Free Member

Snowcard can cover up to £4000 of bike if you include that in your policy.

I was looking for the same thing for my Alps trip when I found by chance that I had free travel cover included with my Nationwide current account. Amazingly MTBing was not on the exclusions list of dangerous activities. Might be worth checking first what cover you might unknowingly have already.

Don’t worry though Anna, those tyres I’ll be lending you on Sunday are crash proof 😆

andrewh
    Free Member

Dogtag were the only ones I found to cover me for racing (didn’t know about Snowcard then and would have considered that if cover for bike also included)

ventanarider
    Free Member

i always use endsleigh for mtb insurance. It won’t cover the bike itself but have that covered on home insurance

Anna-B
    Free Member

Thanks all….. contents insurance doesn’t cover worldwide….. can’t get a quote from M & S cos they think my 1st floor flat is too likely to flood. Dave what with your tyres and my super size me rotor maybe I shan’t bother!

hora
    Free Member

M&S with sports cover plus cost me £16 inc £2,500 for the bike. Why pay more?

bikevallespirdotcom
    Free Member

Firstly take your E111 card, dogtag or sportscoverdirect can give you insurance, I would advise calling them as the web info is never that clear.
    If you do fall in France, you may have to stump up 20% of the fee at the hospital and single rooms normally have a small premium. You may also have to pay for the ambulance. However you can recover 100% of all NHS related costs from EHIC (nhs uk)on your return. Be warned – I have practical experience of this, if you only take an E111 card you will not get a medivac to the UK if required, the going rate is £8k! And the UK embassy’s are helpful but WILL NOT pay for medivac (repatriation).So please always get separate sports cover.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MTB hols insurance?’ is closed to new replies.