Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mtb holiday in October
  • andrew277
    Free Member

I am currently planning an mtb holiday in October.
    Current thinking is to go with either rivierabike or switchbacks Spain.
    Does anybody have experience or either company if both? Or If not have you any other recommendations?
    Thanks

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ve been with Switchbacks many time as the winch & plummet approach appeals to me lots 🙂 The town is also very nice, but a bit of a timewarp.

Accom isn’t that hot and the organisation can be a bit “Spanish” at times, but I love it. The general attitude suits those who want a hard, fun, riding holiday, not those who want luxury and mince about :mrgreen: Plenty of novice riders go and really sharpen their skills there but I’ve found that, as I’m more capable on a bike than when I 1st went, the trails just get more & more fun :mrgreen:

I really *need* to ride in Northern Italy sometime but keep going back to Southern Spain as there’s so many great places to visit as well as great riding. If/when I do I reckon it’ll be RivieraBike or Finale (sp?) Freeride.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Done Rivierabike and rode some of the best singletrack ever. Some absolutely amazing and varied ‘all mountain’ riding.

I personally prefer it to most of the riding I’ve done in the French Alps and southern Spain, purely down to the uncrowded mix of moist alpine wooded trails and dry, dusty coastal trails all interspersed with gorgeous tiny villages with places that serve amazing coffee. 😀

Richie in the tube

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andrew277
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies sounds as though I can’t go wrong with either place 😀

Ewan
    Free Member

Been to riveria twice – once in October. Was amazing as the singletrack was a) buff b) the trees were changing colour.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Great time to visit Liguria. I went end of october last year. 5 perfect days of tacky trails riding in T-shirts.

molinifreeride.com – 4 days with them
    rivierabike.com – 1 day with them

Only thing to mention is October = Hunting season, so some trail restrictions on sundays/wednesdays. Rivierabike ride on the coast normally on these days to avoid the guns in the mountains.

Check out Calizzano – we didn’t get there, but I hear its as good if not better than Molini….

Also been with ciclomontana.com (same trails as switchbacks)
    Mark runs an incredible operation, and a real home from home, and the price cannot be beaten. the trails are great but not as good as Liguria.

davidisaacs
    Free Member

we at http://www.bikingandalucia.com provide top value mountain biking holidays with a down hill bias, and a swimming pool which may be welcome in October here in Orgiva

evh22
    Free Member

Basque mtb

If you want somewhere chilled out, awesome trails, food and culture and a great guide, can highly recommend Doug. Check out his videos. Looks like he only does holidays in the first two weeks, as it does get a bit cooler than the desert, but it’s green and really beautiful.

cmadd
    Free Member

Ciclo Montana are worth a look as well .

Ibiza Spain is perfect for october it’s still hot and all the party tourist’s are going home and the island is a maze of excellent singletrack trails all with short climbs long twisting descents easy going riding with lots of fun..

http://www.mountainbikingholidayibiza.com

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Take a look at Pure Mountains who operate out of Los Bercules in the Sierra Nevada. Lovely location.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Thanks for the recommendation Esther. It was great riding with you and Jim this year. I hope you’re having a great summer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mtb holiday in October’ is closed to new replies.