Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • MTB Gloves for Toddler – Where to buy?
  • dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Recently bought a Kids Ride Shotgun seat for my little one which he loves.

His hands get a little cold even on warmer days, so was trying to find some MTB gloves for him, he is 2 1/2.

Found a couple of sites in the US, but cant seem to find much in the UK, anyone got any recommendations.
    He has normal gloves but he would like some proper riding gloves like Daddy!!

cheers.

stumpy120
    Free Member

I got gloves for my daughter here – https://www.littlerider.com/

They’re pretty good.

Superficial
    Free Member

It’s hard – I searched for ages, made much harder by v inconsistent sizing advice.

Decathlon do some fingerless gloves in small sizes. This was good because you can try them on and they weren’t expensive. My boy had some of these from age 3 IIRC, they were good. But obviously fingerless is not ideal if you’re buying them for warmth.

There are some kid-focussed Moto-X sites that purport to do kids gloves in really small sizes, but I never pulled the trigger with those so I don’t know about quality. Ditto Fox do some youth sizes but I couldn’t work out whether they’d fit and they were kind of expensive so I didn’t try them.

Now he’s 5, he has some of these in the 5-7 size: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124623231749 NB They do a small 2-4 size which might work. The gloves themselves seem decent enough quality, too.

The other option – if it’s just for a Shotgun seat I’d probably put him in some normal warm gloves. He doesn’t really need to grip the bars, does he?

ingloorious
    Free Member

Aliexpress

hatter

Fox do the Youth dirtpaw in XXS, that’s what we used when they were tiny.

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Nice one cheers all, will take a look at the above when I’m home tonight.

He doesn’t really need to grip the bars, does he?

No in reality he doesnt need to actually grip the bars, so we are currently using these when we need to, just the fact that he wanted his own pair of proper bike gloves i thought id try.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I have some mac ride gloves for my little un.

https://uk.mac-ride.com/products/childrens-mountain-biking-gloves

Good luck getting them on.

richardkennerley

+1 for fox dirtpaw. They were a bit too big when she first started wearing them but they’re still going strong. The velcro allowed you to wrap around quite a lot of excess material. And they’ve got a pink fox logo

stumpy01

Halfords do some pretty small gloves for kids.

ceept

We’ve always used kids endura ones.
    Our LBS always has loads, so easy to try on & get the right size.

danbarker

TiGo are worth a look at:

TiGo Bikes

squirrelking
    Free Member

ShredXS would be my first port of call, excellent kit.

Shackleton

Tigo gloves work for us. Daughter was just under 3 and smallest size fitted fine.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Endura

jimmy

Just bought from Kiddimoto for my daughter.

https://kiddimoto.co.uk/collections/gloves

But also she saw a pair of Endura gloves in Tiso and wanted those too.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Both decent.</span>

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Cheers all, went for the little rider ones and also bought him a top.

I nearly ordered the tigo ones but their website said they don’t ship to the UK and it wouldn’t let me complete the order.

I’ll reply back here once they arrive and provide a bit of feedback.

zerocool

My soon to be 3 year olds are currently wearing Tigo gloves. They seem really well made and are cheap. They both also have their knee pads as well.

Would recommend both as we couldn’t find any other gloves that were anywhere near small enough.

Not sure why Tigo said they don’t ship to the Uk as they are a UK company. The Little Riders look nice and we’re our other option but out of stock when we were buying. We’ll probably get them tops from there when a bit older.

If you’re looking for toddler inspiration follow Pintsized cyclist in IG.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘MTB Gloves for Toddler – Where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.