Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • MTB dating sites
  • jlln
    Free Member

Can anyone on here recommend a mountain bike specific online dating site? I know there are outdoorsy-type sites but since these cater to the maximum demographic possible it’s not so easy to find exactly what I’m looking for which is a female shredder, who’s interested in dating and…oh yes…someone compatible with a 50+ year old who lives in a remote part of the country…not much to ask for, I know.

Cheers

therealthing
    Free Member

Might be a bit…..niche?

Im going to suggest that the number of suitable females who are obsessed enough with mtb for that to be their primary dating requirement is going to be prohibitively small.

jlln
    Free Member

Yeah, very niche, but it was worth a try…

rene59
    Free Member

Have you looked at Fitness Singles? Not MTB specific but there might be a few MTBers on there.

jlln
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip rene59.

Klunk
    Free Member

what’s the criteria here ? good in bed or good on the bike ? or is it does mtb make you “horny” ?

jlln
    Free Member

The criteria is to find a woman who’s into mountain biking, the objective being to spend quality time shredding together. And of course is she rides…she’s horny…aren’t we all?

tomhoward

Tinder, but only swipe right on girls with mtbs in their profile pics.

Worked for me.

jlln
    Free Member

Thanks tomhoward

jlln
    Free Member

Wow tomhoward what is this Tinder all about?…I got to the gender bit…now I’m stumped. Is this a wind up?

psling
    Free Member

Do people over 50 really say shredding…?

Oh, and are you male or female?

tomhoward

It would be unfair for me to explain it all, save for that you are in for a whole world of discovery.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

spend quality time shredding together

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

jlln
    Free Member

Hi tomhoward, yeah I figured it out…Tinder wanted to put an icon on the screen…covered the continue button…didn’t realise until I got out of that whole world of discovery…phew…technology…

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Wow tomhoward what is this Tinder all about?…I got to the gender bit…now I’m stumped. Is this a wind up?

He’s winding you up, try this site it’s specifically aimed at mountain bikers as the name relates to grinding gears.

https://www.grindr.com

gaidong
    Free Member

Great hint that one. Just don’t forget to take extra lube (chain maintenance obvs).

tomhoward

Apparently 3nder (now feeld) is good for group rides, I’m told.

myti
    Free Member

Join the girlmtb Facebook page and post up a wanted ad? Go on group rides and races where you might meet females?

rene59
    Free Member

Join the girlmtb Facebook page and post up a wanted ad?

Don’t do this. It’s a female facebook page for a reason. That reason is not likely for dudes to go shopping for a partner on it.

jlln
    Free Member

Yeah, I know…thanks for all the replies, but I’ve got Tinder & Fitness singles, so no doubt will be swamped with all the interest…

myti
    Free Member

Don’t do this. It’s a female facebook page for a reason. That reason is not likely for dudes to go shopping for a partner on it.

Oh dear tongue in cheek doesn’t work on here does it? I’m a member on there but no pimping yourself might not really be the best idea but I believe anyone can join not just women.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Bookmarking

regenesis
    Free Member
    vickypea
    Free Member

Why not just ride your MTB in mixed groups, you might find someone like-minded?

philjunior
    Free Member

Why not just ride your MTB in mixed groups, you might find someone like-minded?

This plus Tinder worked for me. Would’ve been a bit less embarrasing if I’d recognised her on Tinder… But it broke the ice I guess!

footflaps

Have you looked at Fitness Singles?

I used that 10 years ago, went on a few MTB related dates and eventually met my wife (to be) on there.

votchy
    Free Member

OP, wonder if I followed you into work today, car reg D8 MTB 😀

jlln
    Free Member

Votchy, no, not me but I like the reg number…(not giving mine out though….)

Actually, quick update: got Tinder and Fitness Singles and am honing in on potential matches…

So thanks to all for the info on dating sites…even the suspect ones, which I don’t need.

Cheers, jlln.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Muddy matches might be worth looking at too.

drlex
    Free Member

Like the punchline “send picture of tractor”, a nice Santa Cruz in pic 3.

globalti
    Free Member

A divorced cycling buddy tried Fitness Singles and ended up dating a complete nutter, the relationship did not last long. Most road and off-road clubs are dominated by men unless you go out with shop groups or CTC groups.

The best place for meeting unattached females is on sportive rides; you can come alongside a solo woman, chat for a while and if you don’t gel, ride on with no feelings hurt. Generally I’ve always been impressed at the numbers of fit single women riding alone on sportives. You’ll need a road bike though.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’m not finding it any easier as a single female mtber to find a guy the same if it makes you feel any better. You either become idiolised as a trophy because you can ride or get annoyed yourself because they’re rubbish riders. It’ll probably be easier to find someone when I have the funds to do so but as I’m buying a flat currently every penny is earmarked so as much as people may message me on fitness singles I can’t reply!

tomhoward

you can come alongside a solo woman

Would have thought you be spending enough energy on the cycling to be doing that too?!

Can’t be easy to aim whilst in bibs either?

maccruiskeen

He’s winding you up, try this site it’s specifically aimed at mountain bikers as the name relates to grinding gears.

You’re thinking of GrannyRing

bigjim

It’ll probably be easier to find someone when I have the funds to do so

How much should I be looking at selling myself for? :0

joshvegas
    Free Member

Whats the obsession with finding a partners thats as in to bikes as you?

How much of your time do you actually spend riding?!

Golfchick from your post on the other thread i’d advise tinder and don’t post pictures of you biking just general photos of being outdoors and interesting? You’ll only have to chat with mutual likes without anyof the duff chat.

maxtorque

IME, most female mountain bikers are stir fry crazy……..   😉

(only partially said in jest………)

vickypea
    Free Member

Golfchick, I don’t know what your definition of a “rubbish rider” is, but if you’re rejecting men on the basis of their biking skills, you’re really limiting your chances. People can go on skills courses to improve!

regenesis
    Free Member

Vicky – depends on her definition of “riding”…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘MTB dating sites’ is closed to new replies.