• This topic has 98 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • MTB Dales Tandem Weekend
  • schmiken

Lizzie and I are really bummed out we missed this, both came down with colds 🙁

Bunnyhop

We had one of the best weekends riding I can remember for a long time.

Thanks to Stu for feeding us.
    Also thanks Chipps for organising.

Hope to be out tandeming again very soon with you all.

konajoe
    Free Member

Thanks guys for a great weekend, and a special thanks to the weather. its so good to ride some where different, and have some insider knoledge, we must do it again

mt
    Free Member

Great weekend, good rides with enthusiastic people. One of the highlights was Alex stoping cars on the Leyburn road while we raced across from one track to another one all lined out. Good food at Dales Bike Centre of course, most excellent soups.

nbt

wouldn’t know about that, some buggers finished all the soups before we got our order in 🙂

mt
    Free Member

You should have said, I have shared. 😆

nbt

we’ll see if we can find a suitable venue to pull something together round this way next summer. in the meantime anyone fancying a tandem ride on the stockport side of the peak district, just get in touch

mt
    Free Member

There are more pictures on the Swaledale Outdoor Facebook page. If you are interested.

nbt

This should be a direct link, think it’ll work even for those not on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151303822632247.521042.403252822246&type=1

Bunnyhop

I’m just recovering from that (nearly) last rocky, slippery, steepish descent, near a quarry (I think). I thought nbt was going to stop, so I prepared to climb off but he just kept on going.
    White knuckles at the time.

miketually
    Free Member

Looks like you had stunning weather, you jammy buggers 🙂

nbt

The sun shineth on the righteous, my brethren

chipps

It seems to have rained in other places, but obviously that bit of the Dales was poaching all the sunshine that weekend…

jonstanley
    Free Member

So jealous. Anyone get some riding videos? I like videos… 😳

chipps

A few pics here; http://www.flickr.com/photos/19879802@N00/sets/72157632000420373/

No videos, sorry. I managed to scuff my GoPro last trip and forgot to pack the office one. I will next time though as it’s amusing to have that many longbikes around…

nbt

I added a couple more pics to my set on Flickr, including a shot of the brass band that Stu arranged for us. They think of everything these people, don’t they?!

Dales Tandem Weekender Day 2 by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/n_b_t/sets/72157631974647953/

It was the remembrance Day parade that went past the bunkhouse to the church before we ate, then back the other way after we’d had lunch – that’s why we saw the police out in Grinton

tandemwarriors

Looks brilliant, soooooooo gutted we were out of the country. And looks perfect tandeming trails too.
    Can we do it again?

Rob

Macgyver

arrggghhh! I want to look at these but also don’t want to as it will show me what we missed. Fingers crossed we can make the next one. There will be a next one won’t there? Plleeaase.

nbt

It was ace. There’ll be another one. As the saying goes, “Organise it and they will come”. I can sort routes near me, but finding bunkhouse or similar accommodation where we have a communal area is a little more difficult

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘MTB Dales Tandem Weekend’ is closed to new replies.