Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB Colour Collective: We Are Mountain Bikers – Maybe you are too?
  • stwhannah

If you’re a social media regular you may have noticed recent posts by a new account called ‘The MTB Colour Collective’, which is a new UK based moveme …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

MTB Colour Collective: We Are Mountain Bikers – Maybe you are too?

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

andyspaceman

What a fabulous initiative, and lots of inspiring accounts from people there. Whilst we are often a very open and friendly bunch, diversity has never been a strong point within our sport. It is great to see positive efforts being made to try to change that.

twistedpencil

Manny is a legend, field of dreams stuff.

jamj1974

Great to see this initiative. I’ve been mountain biking for 35 years, and over that period I have seen a very small number of people who are not white out riding – and even less being promoted in the media or by sponsors.

As someone of mixed heritage, it is such a positive thing to see our sport/hobby/pastime with broader participation, and feeing that I and some of my riding buddies are not part of a tiny, minuscule minority. Here’s to Kris, Tariq, Ahktar – some of my riding brothers who’ve been busy ‘representing’ for so long.

prettygreenparrot

Liking this very much.
    The trails are there for everyone.

Yak

Great stuff. I am mixed race too and the sport along with outdoor/mountain sports in general is under-represented.
    So initiatives that promote this are a good stepping stone and hopefully will increase participation.

kayla1
    Free Member

Brilliant article, thanks! Getting out into the world and doing a bit can be massively empowering 🤜🤛👊🤘

Jordan

Some fine examples there to hopefully encourage others to have a go at something they had maybe thought was not for them! Keep up the good work!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Join Singletrack From Only £12.501/2 Singletrack Offer

Use code HELLO54 when you join us as a print or digital member and your membership will be half price for the first year.

The Print+ membership where Singletrack magazine drops through your door, plus full digital access, is normally £45, now only £22.50 with the code. And a digital membership where you can read all the digital magazines is normally £25, and now £12.50 with the code.

Simply use code HELLO54 at checkout.

(New annually renewing membership only. Excludes Gift Memberships, Discount applies to first year. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, or when switching memberships)