Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • MTB clothing brands of the early to mid 90s
  • dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Rocket Power Parts – Scary Fast!
    Website’s still active, but seemingly not doing anything with the business, shame coz the logo & clothing is/was ace.

simonbowns
    Free Member

Qranc (?) gloves?

jimmy

Remember those gloves that were neoprene but with open fingers? They just had finger fronts and looped around just under the nail… There was also an advert / poster for them which really epitomised MTBing for me back then; dusty, sweaty, pumped forearms with cuts and scratches. best rides.

I also had a pertex shell which was half green / half purple… Something lizard?

EDIT:Not Rocket power parts, but they were ACE.

dustdevil
    Free Member

Large Hardwear.Still wear the socks:)

tandemwarriors

Was wearing my Rox hoodie only today. “My nuts are titanium” it declares on the back.
    What about Redley skate shoes, as per JMC in Dirt. Still got my blue & red pair but they’re pretty faded now. I believe they went out of business, if I google Redley now I just get lots of handbags with a wee dog on them!

Oakley Frogskins- yep, the third set of prescription lenses died last year and the frame is now 30% superglue.

OF3 gloves, fantastic. Loved the long/short finger thing.
    MBUK T-shirts- check.
    AXO Ponys – check.
    And the saddest loss of all, my Poobahs that died in October 🙁

aP
    Free Member

Calange jackets
    Lake gloves
    Troy Lee helmet peaks
    Freestyle gore jackets
    Hugh Porter leggings

jimmy

Calange…. what did they do? That name gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, like I’ve lusted after something of theirs in the past.

sam42
    Free Member

Rocket Power Parts – Scary Fast!

I wish they were still going, always wanted a pair of scary fast gloves!

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Freestyle gore jackets

~Great company, they used to have a stall at the Newnham Park events – based in Plymouth IIRC. They made me a custom jacket with freaky long arms.

I asked on here if anyone knew what happened to them. Got a big grant of some kind and mysteriously went bust soon after

Still got the original ‘Team Xtreme’ jerseys made for us by Been Bag.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

JT(?) sunglasses. Had barrel adjusters on the legs to change the angle of the lense. And a Cannondale fleece, bright green with pink bits…

Brycey
    Free Member

What were those neoprene cycling mitts? Had a pair from Stif back in the day but went through about 6 replacement sets as the stitching kept coming out, really sweaty as well (funnily enough being neoprene).

Alcopop
    Free Member

yep i remember scary fast gloves well

also Cool head peaks

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I thought about trying to resurrect the brand for the uk at least, but the US owner is keeping it to himself – git!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘MTB clothing brands of the early to mid 90s’ is closed to new replies.