Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTB Bib short newbie – tell me what’s good
  • devash
    Free Member

I’m long due some new padded liner shorts and usually go cheap (Altura or Endura gel shorts, whatever’s on sale).

However, lately I’ve been doing a lot more XC miles and a few riding buddies have suggested that I try some bib shorts.

A quick search of the forum suggests dhb Aerons are the one to go for but I’ve also been looking at the Nukeproof Blackline, Endura Singletrack and Altura Endurance.

Any other recommendations? I’m specifically looking for stuff designed for MTB, not road, and preferably £100 or less. Cheers.

susepic

Did 111k XC in a pair of Pearl Izumi road bibs and well comfy. They also do some MTB focussed bibs which i’d be tempted to get to stash MORE gels for that 111K

scaredypants

Some of the sportful gravel ones have a “special” pad for more upright positions compared to roadie ones and also have a couple of small pockets. No idea if they’re great, though. I do like their road stuff

mahalo

serious question – what is the benefit of bib shorts?

snotrag

I really like my Sundried Bib shorts.

Sundried

Usually a discount knocking around too, Google will help.

They are not the utility style mtb cargo type but just regular bibs and great value.

serious question – what is the benefit of bib shorts?

They stay in place. They keep your lwoer back warm, and stop you getting an ‘open crack’ as it were. Once you try bibs, they just work better.

Just remember to go for a pee before you leave home.

four
    Free Member

IME best bang for the buck bibs are DHB Aeron. (They are also on sale in Wiggle atm).

I have Rapha, Assos, Endura and Castelli- for the money the DHB are a very good comparison and the significant price difference of the others not worth it.

But fit is different for everyone.

matt_outandabout

Galibier here

Fit is good, even for a sturdy chap like me.

Pad is way, way better than other shorts I’ve got. Much less sweaty than the awful gel pad in my Mavic or Endura inners.

johnnystorm

My Madison cargo liner shorts are great. Three pockets on the rear, well ventilated and… a fly on the front! #gamechanger

Kryton57

IME best bang for the buck bibs are DHB Aeron. (They are also on sale in Wiggle atm).

This and..

Galibier here

Fit is good, even for a sturdy chap like me.

Pad is way, way better than other shorts I’ve got. Much less sweaty than the awful gel pad in my Mavic or Endura inners.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTB Bib short newbie – tell me what’s good’ is closed to new replies.