Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • MTB-Batteries the lumenator
  • oskar
    Free Member

Here is a link to Swedish web shop that sells a lamp that looks identical. http://sportlampan.se/cykellampa/xtreem/

Some measurements:

Battery incl bag: 85 mm long, 45 x 60 mm.
    Weight lamp 100 g,
    Weight Battery incl bag 372 g
    cable lenght 120 cm

alex222
    Free Member

I got mine on Monday, Haven’t had chance to use it just yet. Tomorrow evening I think.

alex222
    Free Member

Yes that’s them on that Swedish website.

First impressions they are very bright. Obviously not sure about battery life but I will report once I know.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I got mine today. The head unit is nice and small and everything seems very well built. It’s certainly bright enough!

I managed to fit a Hope Universal Light Mount on it to attach it to the bars. It’s straight forward to do but you need a bolt that’s slightly longer than the original one supplied with the light and not as big a diameter as the one for the Hope mount. Luckily, I had some spare pins for my Nano Thru Pin pedals and that bolt was the perfect size. Yippee!

yunki
    Free Member

lovely looking beamshot on that Swedish site

neville
    Free Member

If you translate the Swedish page (using a well known search engine), it mentions problems and refunds.

Can anybody elaborate further?

Yunki, I agree the beamshot is lovely.

Kryton57

I can confirm that the beamshot is predominately the same as my garden test revealed. You can see the brighter centre (spot) and the flood which just blends into the spot. 🙂

drofluf
    Free Member

getonyourbike – Member
    I got mine today. The head unit is nice and small and everything seems very well built. It’s certainly bright enough!

I managed to fit a Hope Universal Light Mount on it to attach it to the bars. It’s straight forward to do but you need a bolt that’s slightly longer than the original one supplied with the light and not as big a diameter as the one for the Hope mount. Luckily, I had some spare pins for my Nano Thru Pin pedals and that bolt was the perfect size. Yippee!

Is that like the one that comes with a Vision 1? Is it just a matter of unbolting the mount on the Lumenator and bolting on the Hope with a longer bolt?

dantsw13

drofluf – its normally the hope universal clamp found on CRC for £8, with a longer bolt. If it fits, it works.

drofluf
    Free Member

Thanks – saves me posting to ask how I can use the light with Mary bars*!

*Where I want to put the light is on the sweep so it points out to one side

M6TTF
    Free Member

Any pics of the battery?

drofluf
    Free Member

M6TTF – Member
    Any pics of the battery?

I’ll try to post one tomorrow as I’m at work today, but it’s roughly ‘fat wallet sized’ = 4″ x 4″ x 1.5″

oskar
    Free Member

If you translate the Swedish page (using a well known search engine), it mentions problems and refunds.
    Can anybody elaborate further?

There was a bug that caused the power to drop to 50% instead of the intended 70% when the overheat protection was triggered.

The lamps delivered in the current batch does not have this bug, according to the site.

Here’s another Swedish site with some more pics: http://nestorelektronik.se/product.php?id_product=35

Funny, I live in Sweden, found the Lumenator and this thread (and registered to get more info), but it’s also seems to be sold right here in Sweden (with different branding).

smudge
    Free Member

There is no cause of alarm with the lights, The lights were on a timer if on the highest setting (after about 7-8 minutes)and dropped to the 75% which was the setting below, This preventing damaging the leds and internals. The newer version has a thermal cut out at about 70C which will do the same thing.
    Also the Swedish version, not mentioned is built slightly diferently to cope with the extreme cold temperatures and has a much highgrade cable.

But there is no worry with the lights anyone has bought, and still come with the usual mtbbatteries years warranty and as previous customers have noticed this is extended dpending on the use and care of the batteries or lights that have bought from us.

smudge
    Free Member

May also add, beamshot photos will be up in the next day or so, we have been that busy over these last few weeks – Customers come first as always.

drofluf
    Free Member

M6TTF – Member
    Any pics of the battery?

Here you go

Lenator Battery by paulfulford, on Flickr

alex222
    Free Member

Used on the road bike last night. Only had the lights on the second brightest setting and they were more than bright enough. Excellent spread batteries didn’t go bellow 70% full on a 2 hour ride. There are five brightness settings so I cannot wait to use off road. Hopefully next week.

So far I would say well worth the money. Seem a lot brighter than hope lights that are twice the money.

The rear light was also pretty good.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

debut mine tonight

drofluf
    Free Member

Used mine for the first time last night, first or second setting fine for going on the flat the flat or climbing. Full beam as much as I need for descending. Was comfortable descending at 35mph on a gravelly, potholed road, not much slower than my daytime speed.

Wasn’t out for long enough to check battery life, that will have to wait for Dusk ’til Dawn.

My only niggle is that as you cycle between the settings it goes off between highest and lowest. I’d prefer it to do something like cycle through with a single click and require a long click to turn it off. Other than that very happy so far.

drofluf
    Free Member

Gave it a longer test at Dusk ’til Dawn. The second setting from the bottom was perfectly fine for there – fairly flat but twisty single track interspersed with fire roads and double track. Four laps in about 4 hours (yes I was that slow!) moved the battery gauge into the blue or middle segment so I’d think 8 hours realistic at that setting.

And hi to the guys I was briefly chatting to about the light and my stem captain!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

mine goes from green to red and back again, is this when it gets hot?

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘MTB-Batteries the lumenator’ is closed to new replies.